New Market

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I'm waiting until it pushes to my phone. I read that works with the gingerbread build. Not sure about reborn, but why not? Give it a try.

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed it day before yesterday. I like the new interface, but I hate having to dodge all of the books it tries to make me buy.

Pros:
  • Nice, fresh look
  • The changelog is right there at the top of the app description

Cons:
  • Having to click around avoiding the books, when I came to the app market for apps
  • There are random blue elements, I guess to fit in with honeycomb, but it doesn't go well with the rest of the app
  • Uses a new link system, TiBu can no longer remove market links and Amazon apps show up on my Market app list, asking for updates. Also, Chainfire3D's market fix no longer functions.

Last edited:

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i dig it so far. it doesn't ad anything mindblowing to the table but it is easier to browse for a new live wallpaper or something.

helter

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the updated Market apk and it's working great on my Optimus (Reborn) in case anyone else was interested in using/trying it out! It's a lot nicer than the original, which I wasn't too fond of as far as it's visual display.

xpyn84.jpg

Here's the download/original post - http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/102677-new-android-market-apk-here.html

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
As far as books in the market are concerned; I imagine tablet owners enjoy it, but who's going to read a book on our screen?..

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as books in the market are concerned; I imagine tablet owners enjoy it, but who's going to read a book on our screen?..

I used to use Overdrive on my phone but since the battery doesn't last me very long anyway, it wasn't worth it so I buckled and bought a kindle.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been loving it so far, the undercurrent of Windows Phone 7 Metro UI adds a very good touch to the market, making it more streamlined and minimalistic than before. I didn't like the ugly green ui from before, it just bothered me to no end!

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I like to read the occasional book on my phone using Aldiko Reader. Download some .epub files, put it on your SD card, and point the app to where you placed the books. Of course, reading a real book is great, but when I can't make it to the library or something, I'll just read something on my phone. Plenty of features too!

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it and used it for a while yesterday and it seemed a little slow. Lots of loading screens and seemed to eat up battery. I also didn't like how 'My Apps' list was alphabetical rather than in order of most recent. I removed the update. just my 2cents

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It's confirmed working on my Reborn 2.2.2 Optimus. I like the new style of the market. It feels alot more smoother and has better visuals, but I think it'll take a little time getting used to.