Please Help

michaelgoe

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys....I am new to the world of Androids....What do I need to do to be able to change the themes on my phone (lg optimus s running 2.2.2).....Is it worth rooting the phone to 2.3 gingerbread?

I have already downloaded gingersnap and have the superuser icon.

I do not understand what I need to do next.....Can someone explain it to me step by step and exactly what I need.....I know it is asking alot but I get totally lost in the rooting threads.

What is a ROM exactly?

I will be glad to donate to anyone that can explain it to me?

Thanks for any help

Mike

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys....I am new to the world of Androids....What do I need to do to be able to change the themes on my phone (lg optimus s running 2.2.2).....Is it worth rooting the phone to 2.3 gingerbread?

I have already downloaded gingersnap and have the superuser icon.

I do not understand what I need to do next.....Can someone explain it to me step by step and exactly what I need.....I know it is asking alot but I get totally lost in the rooting threads.

What is a ROM exactly?

I will be glad to donate to anyone that can explain it to me?

Thanks for any help

Mike

Read here to learn what recovery, rom's are.
Yes it is worth it to root the Optimus.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...optimus-s-recoveries-roms-kernels-themes.html

Did you already root your phone with Gingersnsp? If yes the next step is to install a custom recovery, and then a custom rom.
A rom is the operating system, much like windows is the operating system on a PC. A custom
rom can free up space on you internal memory by removing apps that are not needed. It will also allow you to overclock the CPU too.

Last edited:

michaelgoe

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Read here to learn what recovery, rom's are.
Yes it is worth it to root the Optimus.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...optimus-s-recoveries-roms-kernels-themes.html

Did you already root your phone with Gingersnsp? If yes the next step is to install a custom recovery, and then a custom rom.
A rom is the operating system, much like windows is the operating system on a PC. A custom
rom can free up space on you internal memory by removing apps that are not needed. It will also allow you to overclock the CPU too.

Yes I rooted it with Gingersnap and I know have the Superuser Icon......but that is all I have done.....I will go read now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon