For those interested in a official 2.3 sprint upgrade for opt s

five1198

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those interested in a official 2.3 sprint upgrade for opt

I figured what the heck might as well try. The following was verified by sprint with MY OWN EARS LOL: The LG optimus s DOES, I REPEAT, DOES NOW SHIP WITH ANDROID 2.3. however all of us suckers who bought it before last week can't get it lol. Its not available as an update, but it DOES NOW HAVE 2.3 STOCK. boy would I be pissed if I actually wanted that update lol. Feel free to make your own calls though guys. Its worth a shot.

P.s. my opinion now is the update wont ever arrive, but this will be used to lure new customers. " We offer the LG optimus s which is free if you sign up with us today
It offers the newest version of android blah blah blah
Don't you have 30 days to return your phone if you're not satisfied? My husband and I haven't had ours a month yet, I figure it's worth a try lol. I would root my phone, but can't find any instructions that start with "Turn on your phone" and go from there. I understand the instructions for Gingerbreak/snap but don't know how to get to that point from absolute zero (dummy)Any help would be appreciated...:)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't you have 30 days to return your phone if you're not satisfied? My husband and I haven't had ours a month yet, I figure it's worth a try lol. I would root my phone, but can't find any instructions that start with "Turn on your phone" and go from there. I understand the instructions for Gingerbreak/snap but don't know how to get to that point from absolute zero (dummy)Any help would be appreciated...:)

To start go to "rooting, roms and hacks" section and make sure there's not a post with your exact problem, if not then be descriptive as possible and list your problem. Rooting a and flashing a rom are easy. Its custom recovery that usually ties up time. You are correct though you have 30 days to cancel service and if its 2.3 you want and its a new customer you can get a evo 4g for $99.99. I for one wish I'd have paid the $100 rather than taking a free phone but this optimus is my first android phone and I didn't know the difference. But when I rooted I didn't know squat either but got help and I'm positive if you list your exact issue in the "rooting roms and hacks" section you'll get help as well.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I figured what the heck might as well try. The following was verified by sprint with MY OWN EARS LOL: The LG optimus s DOES, I REPEAT, DOES NOW SHIP WITH ANDROID 2.3. however all of us suckers who bought it before last week can't get it lol. Its not available as an update, but it DOES NOW HAVE 2.3 STOCK. boy would I be pissed if I actually wanted that update lol. Feel free to make your own calls though guys. Its worth a shot.

P.s. my opinion now is the update wont ever arrive, but this will be used to lure new customers. " We offer the LG optimus s which is free if you sign up with us today
It offers the newest version of android blah blah blah
As of today, Sprint's website says the Optimus S ships with 2.2. Until we hear from someone who actually purchased one with 2.3, I think this is nothing but an unfounded rumor based on misinformation from someone at Sprint.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

The freaking kyocera echo just got gingerbread. "Official" that is. Idk about you guys but ive never even seen anybody with that phone. This phone is like the only phone released in the past 10 months that DOESN'T have it.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The freaking kyocera echo just got gingerbread. "Official" that is. Idk about you guys but ive never even seen anybody with that phone. This phone is like the only phone released in the past 10 months that DOESN'T have it.

why do you even care? we have CM7.1 ;)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Because I can that's why. Despite having 2.3 since may. because eventually ill be getting another phone and it wont be a LG.

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Is Bluetooth calling working in CM7 yet? That's why I care. It's to kludgy, or at least it was the last time I tried it for my daily use. A good 2.3 base for the hardware to work off of would be helpful.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is Bluetooth calling working in CM7 yet? That's why I care. It's to kludgy, or at least it was the last time I tried it for my daily use. A good 2.3 base for the hardware to work off of would be helpful.
Yea I can verify Bluetooth working in all modes. Sync, audio & calls.
Of course that is with drew's CM7

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure they wont. I'm so impressed with your sarcasm. I didnt know you had such talent. You get a C+ for effort. Anyway, nexus s, coming soon

Sent from my Gingerbread Optimus S
I would loooove a Nexus S on sprint....too bad I have to wait till December of 2012 for my upgrade :(

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I would loooove a Nexus S on sprint....too bad I have to wait till December of 2012 for my upgrade :(

I'm not eligible until February of 2012 LOL that's exactly why I'm not waiting. I can get a nexus s for $200 but I'm getting married September 10th (I still might try to get it anyway if I can't wait, don't tell my fiance lmao). Within 2 weeks after wedding I'm upgrading. For the past 2 weeks I was stuck between an evo, phonton and nexus s but I just saw pics of Ice Cream Sandwich running on a nexus s and the first phone to have it stock will be the nexus s 2, so I'm sure the first phone to get the ota update will be the nexus s. I love this Optimus s but I've taken it as far as it can go. This was my first android phone back in February and I didnt know squat. Now I do and I need a flash player and better camera and internal memory. Plus I wont have to worry about waiting on the newest version of android.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

If a few things go right today ill have it this week. Can't wait until after wedding lol

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

If a few things go right today ill have it this week. Can't wait until after wedding lol
But then isn't the ETF really expensive?

Duuude you don't know how bad I want a 4G phone, probably the Nexus S. I love the optimus too, but I need better specs, camera, and memory also! And a better screen wouldn't hurt haha. But getting the early temination is out of the question for me, crazy expensive. Maybe I'll get the Nexus as a little Christmas present to myself in 2012 lol.

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
But then isn't the ETF really expensive?

Duuude you don't know how bad I want a 4G phone, probably the Nexus S. I love the optimus too, but I need better specs, camera, and memory also! And a better screen wouldn't hurt haha. But getting the early temination is out of the question for me, crazy expensive. Maybe I'll get the Nexus as a little Christmas present to myself in 2012 lol.

Yeah sprint wants $500+...HA!!! I know someone getting rid of evo(who just got phonton) and nexus s(going to at&t) and I swear barring an act of God (or my fiance) I'm gonna have one by Saturday. I really love this Optimus (I put so much work into it I don't even wanna sell it LOL) but I need to upgrade. Go check out eBay. Not to long ago I saw some 4g phones in the $200 range.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Yeah sprint wants $500+...HA!!! I know someone getting rid of evo(who just got phonton) and nexus s(going to at&t) and I swear barring an act of God (or my fiance) I'm gonna have one by Saturday. I really love this Optimus (I put so much work into it I don't even wanna sell it LOL) but I need to upgrade. Go check out eBay. Not to long ago I saw some 4g phones in the $200 range.

True, but then I'd have to upgrade my plan, and I think I'm grandfathered in. But I heard you can't just buy a phone off ebay, something to do with ESN's and whatnot?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21