For those interested in a official 2.3 sprint upgrade for opt s

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those interested in a official 2.3 sprint upgrade for opt

I've bought a few off eBay and Craigslist and they worked fine
So basically go to Ebay, buy a 4G/3G phone, and then call sprint up to transfer my data and account to my new phone? That's really interesting....I would love to have something a bit nicer...

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I decided on the evo. Seems the nexus s isn't that great as far as outside of gingerbread stock. As far as that esn issue when shopping on eBay go to "item description" and make sure it says something like "phone has clean esn" or "ready to be activated" and you're fine

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

And Sprint will hit you with a $10 per month charge for activating a smart phone on your account, if you're not already being charged.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I have an Optimus s now. Joined sprint in February so I wasn't grandfathered in so I'm already paying the $10 fee. Don't matter to me what they charge at least ill be able to access more of that unlimited data with the technology the evo has. Paid for it last night. Should be here within a week. But as I type this on my Optimus I know I'm gonna miss this phone. Don't think I'm gonna sell it. Just keep it as backup

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm grandfathered in on the $10 fee.... otherwise I'd probably have an EVO right now...

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm grandfathered in on the $10 fee.... otherwise I'd probably have an EVO right now...
Yeah I'm grandfathered. I don't think i could recoup the cost of an ETF from December and a new phone haha. Although if I could, I'd choose to get an EVO 3D or that one that slides, since it seems like newer gen specs, and I'd never use the 3D part anyways.

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

The Optimus is being shown as having 2.3 as the operating system on the Sprint site again. They keep bouncing back and forth on 2.2 to 2.3. Wonder when we will see the actual update.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The Optimus is being shown as having 2.3 as the operating system on the Sprint site again. They keep bouncing back and forth on 2.2 to 2.3. Wonder when we will see the actual update.

I think Sprint just likes jerking us around. ;) :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Originally Posted by pilot03 View Post

Quick! Someone record the details and buy one. :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance