Looking for app that lights up phone when receiving text message!

worldcreator

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My old phone used to do this- so when it was in front of me I could SEE there was a text incoming (or arrived within the past minute). Now I have to constantly check the phone (when I'm @ work and can't hear the text ring tone).

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking for app that lights up phone when receiving text mess

Handcent SMS should be able to do what you're looking for.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Handcent has several different ways for it to notify you of.a incoming text. You can have it pop right up on your screen even if screen is off. Works alot better than the stock SMS app.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Handcent or Go SMS Pro. I use Go SMS Pro and it works great.

HeXDeMoN

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I second gosms *or handcent* using the pop up setting will turn on the screen

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Its really annoying until i started using noLED. It turns on the screen with a icon. Very minimalistic, looks pretty cool if you ask me :) i'm not a fan of the popup message for GoSMS/Handcent, dont want people to see my messages.

Great app and its free on the market.

worldcreator

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

NoLED states it must be enabled in the Accessibility Setttings, but when I try to do that for Messenger, it states that NoLED can collect all of my text message data. I'm not too keen on having a 3rd party app collect every single text message. Maybe they don't do this but if I'm enabling them to, it stands to reason they might- as there's a lot of money to be made in the data mining world.

Otherwise I could not get this app to work. Just from checking Handcent and Go SMS Pro it appears they completely change my stock Messaging interface? If that's the case I would prefer to leave it as is. All I need is for the phone screen to turn on when a text is received- don't understand why that is so difficult. And why is this not already an option on the stock messenger? Just about everyone else's phone I checked does this, as well as my previous phones. Anyhoo.. Can someone clarify these issues? thx

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site

NoLED states it must be enabled in the Accessibility Setttings, but when I try to do that for Messenger, it states that NoLED can collect all of my text message data. I'm not too keen on having a 3rd party app collect every single text message. Maybe they don't do this but if I'm enabling them to, it stands to reason they might- as there's a lot of money to be made in the data mining world.

Otherwise I could not get this app to work. Just from checking Handcent and Go SMS Pro it appears they completely change my stock Messaging interface? If that's the case I would prefer to leave it as is. All I need is for the phone screen to turn on when a text is received- don't understand why that is so difficult. And why is this not already an option on the stock messenger? Just about everyone else's phone I checked does this, as well as my previous phones. Anyhoo.. Can someone clarify these issues? thx

Yes, Handcent and Go SMS completely replace your stock message app.

jimt1029

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I use Missed Message Flasher Free. It will flash your bottom buttons (home, back, etc) and your screen periodically based on the settings your choose (i.e flash for 1/2 sec every 10 seconds) for items you choose to monitor (calls, sms, email, calendar, etc.). I used to use noLED, but it uses more battery than this because once you miss a call/sms, etc., the screen turns on and stays on until it reaches a timeout you specify during setup.

It does have access to you data, just like noLED and and third-party messaging apps, but that is required so that it knows that you missed a message/call, etc.