I have a used lg optimus s that i purchased on ebay and i have replaced the lcd. The phone says searching for service constantly. When i go to a place with premium sprint coverage i get one bar of service. What is wrong? Is it hardware or software? Please help. Im very frustrated. Lg said they cant help me.
    08-01-2011 12:06 PM
    Have you tried updating your Prl?

sent from my Reborned Optimus
    08-01-2011 01:40 PM
    I have tried but because i have no service i cannot succefully update the prl. I believe it is a software issue because as i was driving it would get about 3 bars of service and then suddenly none and it would jump all around for some reason. Please help.
    08-01-2011 06:51 PM
    Is the phone rooted? Flashed a custom recovery? Software version VD?

You can do a current nandroid backup to backup your phone,
    Then you download and restore the Gingerbreaked Stock VD rom
    Once thats restored - don't setup anything - just update PRL and Profile, then reboot into recovery,
    then go ahead and restore your current nandroid backup and see how it performs.

You should try to update PRL and Profile in a city if at all possible where there is good coverage.
    08-02-2011 06:01 PM
    The phone is rooted. I will try your instructions. Is there a place other than mediafire to download gingerbreaked stock vd rom because my computer blocks mediafire.
    08-03-2011 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD