email, gmail, any other options?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had my sprint optimus for about a year now and its ok, I enjoy it, its a nice entry level android phone, although I get phone envy from alot of my evo, evo 3d etc friends.

Anyways, my question is, I just deleted gmail and I am using the email program on the phone where I get my gmail, yahoo etc...is that going to be ok? I wasnt sure if I deleted the gmail program it would mess up other things. It freed up like 3mb for me which was helpful.

Also, I am going to be using groupwise @ my school this year, is there an android program etc...to use so I can get my school email on my phone?

Thank you in advance for any help with this. I was curious if there are other programs like touchdown, kaiten and whatever for email that is more beneficial than the other, before I buy.

Coach

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You won't have any problems receiving email by deleting the gmail app. A good alternative to email is the K9 Mail app which offers support for multiple accounts.

Regarding school email, you'll probably need information from the IT department to properly set it up. Once you get the email address see if you can set it up yourself. If not, then you'll need to visit the IT Department and see if they can provide you with the information needed to get you going.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I tried to delete gmail and its still there, so I just disabled the alerts. I tried the stock email but I think I am going to try k-9.

I appreciate the info. I am trying to best use my phone, its not a great one and sure I have phone envy but I am loving the fact I can modify and customize it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21