Dunked Optimus in water, options?

Nagiom

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I dunked my optimus in water today on accident. It is currently sitting in a bowl of rice drying out. What are my options with Sprint should it be well and truly dead? I have a Sprint Blackberry that I'm pretty sure can be reactivated, I have two Alltel feature phones that I don't know if Sprint can or will activate and I know I can always spring for another optimus at full price. Are there any other options with regards to Sprint?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have tep its a 100 deductible. That's about it. Sprint will only allow their esns on their network so alltel phones wont work (wont explain other options per forum rules). The older blackberry will work. Hopefully the rice will do its trick. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The battery is out of the device with all ports open right? Make sure you give it a full 24 hours or longer if you can. I have heard of loads of people saving their phones that way. The rice does work. Just don't jump the gun and power it up early

Nagiom

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have tep its a 100 deductible. That's about it. Sprint will only allow their esns on their network so alltel phones wont work (wont explain other options per forum rules). The older blackberry will work. Hopefully the rice will do its trick. Good luck!

Yup, pulled the battery as soon as it happened, but the bottom half had already been submerged for 2-5 minutes. Thanks for the reminder about the ports, I completely forgot about the microsd card. The phone started up alright this morning but had the water blotches under the screen so i put it back in the rice. I also put it in an open oven on low and that started to bring out some noticeable condensation. Everything is turning out alright so far.

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
put in a bowl or bag of rice, and let it sit their for a day or so, the rice will suck up all the water in the phone, rice is known for that, personally worked on my iphone twice, before i switched to my optimus...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol