came home from work and now my optimus running reborn 2.2.2 will not power on. when i try to turn it on the lg screen comes up for a second or 2 and then goes away. i figured maybe the battery somehow went dead while i was gone so i hooked up the charger and it's showing a screen where it seems to be telling me to put the batter cover back on with an arrow pointing down. i'm attaching a few pictures of the screen. this is extremely odd, i havent installed anything new or changed anything in quite a while. any help is greatly appreciated. this happens the one day i forget my phone at home :-(

chris
    08-05-2011 11:25 PM
    Mine did the blinking LG thing, but without the pix. The store tried the usual panic hotkey buttons, then said it was dead and sent me, oh boy, a refurb to replace it. In yours, something in the cover is not making a conductive connection to the back of the phone?
    08-05-2011 11:46 PM
    Mine did the blinking LG thing, but without the pix. The store tried the usual panic hotkey buttons, then said it was dead and sent me, oh boy, a refurb to replace it. In yours, something in the cover is not making a conductive connection to the back of the phone?
    it's hard to believe "its not making a conductive connection" is the problem because the back cover is all plastic and the phone normally works like a champ without the back cover on. besides, if that was the case wouldnt it do the same thing regardless if the charging cable was connected?

any other ideas?
    08-06-2011 12:51 AM
    It wouldn't be the plastic on the back cover, it would be something underneath the back cover. Possibly the charge port hold down bracket.

Check this out: http://forum.androidcentral.com/spri...r-optimus.html
    08-06-2011 07:43 AM
    just swapped batteries with my wifes optimus and the problem moved to her phone while mine works fine. very odd picture being displayed if it's just the battery though. i guess i'll just go buy a new battery. thanks for the help.
    08-06-2011 09:36 AM
    I've never seen this before either but I'm glad to have the knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
    08-06-2011 11:59 AM
    Moisture corode the contacts on your battery?
    08-07-2011 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD