Has anyone run into an issue with Gmail where when you delete or read items on your phone, Gmail isn't deleting them on their end? It's showing I have say 10-20 new emails at any time, when I've read/deleted them all and they're showing as such on my phone. When I log into gmail on the browser or on a pc, I am showing all of those emails to be new and in my inbox still?

Thanks for your help
    08-16-2011 07:46 AM
    Yep. Eh. You can never trust electronics. I just double check they're gone whenever I get the chance. Doesn't bother me that much and doesn't happen very frequently, but you are right! I guess I just accept the weird things like that a little more than others? Lol
    08-16-2011 08:08 AM
    It's driving me nuts! It's a new thing for my phone. I didn't have this problem at ALL until now and I've been using an Android phone for a few years now. :/
    08-16-2011 08:28 AM
    After I delete them on my phone I make sure I sync it up with Gmail to get rid of them on pc.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did
    08-16-2011 08:32 AM
    After I delete them on my phone I make sure I sync it up with Gmail to get rid of them on pc.

That's the thing, my phone is syncing with Gmail, in fact, it just sync'd about 10 mins ago and it says I have 20 new emails, when I have already read/deleted them.
    08-16-2011 10:11 AM
    Came across a possible fix... cleared cache and data.. then rebooted... seems to be working now... we'll see if it's a temp fix or not.
    08-16-2011 10:51 AM
    That's the thing, my phone is syncing with Gmail, in fact, it just sync'd about 10 mins ago and it says I have 20 new emails, when I have already read/deleted them.
    What I should have said is, I force sync it to Gmail. I don't wait for it to sync in background. But hey I could just be a lucky one.

08-16-2011 11:12 AM
    Came across a possible fix... cleared cache and data.. then rebooted... seems to be working now... we'll see if it's a temp fix or not.
    You're like the coolest girl ever. You rooted your phone and you clear cache and data. I have a tough time getting my wife to add a widget to her homescreen!
    tlrsax54 and Jessicalt1 like this.
    08-16-2011 11:34 AM
    What I should have said is, I force sync it to Gmail. I don't wait for it to sync in background. But hey I could just be a lucky one.

I forced it as well to no avail. So far the fix seems to be working.
    08-16-2011 12:32 PM
    Is your fix still working? Ugh I just noticed this is happening to me as well - only even if I force refresh it still doesn't delete or show them as read (ie the status at the top still shows unread msgs). Sometimes a msg gets stuck in the outbox as well. No amount of refreshing will send it while other data flows freely.

I feel like this coincided with the update to 2.3.5. Ill wipe data and cache and see if it sticks.
    08-24-2011 11:24 PM
    Is your fix still working? Ugh I just noticed this is happening to me as well - only even if I force refresh it still doesn't delete or show them as read (ie the status at the top still shows unread msgs). Sometimes a msg gets stuck in the outbox as well. No amount of refreshing will send it while other data flows freely.

I feel like this coincided with the update to 2.3.5. Ill wipe data and cache and see if it sticks.
    Has nothing to do with 2.3.5 since she is on reborn if I am not mistaken.?

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!
    08-25-2011 04:31 AM

I'm on Reborn so I didn't update at all. I think it is too much memory being taken up.
    08-25-2011 08:28 AM
    As of a week or 2 ago, I'm on reborn as well. Didn't Nick just make new gapps available? Mine might have gotten updated through the market as well. I don't remember.
    08-25-2011 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD