Is it possible to unlock optimus s

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago i attempted to install cyanogenmod 7 on my optimus s. At first i thought i bricked my device because i had no idea what i was doing. A week later i found out that all i had to do was flash the rom but before i found out that my device wasn't bricked i had order a new one, rooted and install cyanogenmod 7 with the help of this forum.

Now i have two optimus s phones running cm7 and i was wondering is it possible to unlock one of them so i can activate it with another carrier and hopefully sell it. If so how would i go about doing that. All help will be appreciated.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There has been a guide in the rooting sub forum about unlocking to metro pcs, but I imagine you could unlock out to any cdma carrier.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: krwlive1

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just sell it as a Sprint phone? Why does it have to be another carrier?

Sent from my Drew Stable CM7/ XioniaRedux lg-ls670 using Tapatalk.

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint phones aren't locked, per se. It's just that the phone's ESN is registered on their network and provisioned for use on their network.

Cricket and Metro PCS are about the only two CDMA providers that allow you to bring your own phone to their network. You have to have them add the ESN of the phone to their system and then you need to provision/flash it for use on their network. It's a pain. I've done it (with a drioid x).

The only time I'd recommend doing it is if you have a phone whose ESN has been banned from sprint's network. Otherwise I'd recommend selling it on craigslist or ebay. Looks like they go for somewhere between $50-100.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci