Baseband Version VD?

sryans2004

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So my cousin got this phone from his ex g/f and he had to format the phone to add his google acct. When he turned the phone back on, it loaded up and everything but after the lockscreen it would be a black screen, the only thing you could see was the notification bar. I had rooted whenever his g/f first got it with gingerbreak, so usb debugging was still on. Therefore let me to do all kinds of stuff to fix it, I ended up doing the "revert back to V9". Now my question is.... How do I get back to VD? I see some good rom's here but all say it needs to be on VD.

I tried the LG Mobile Updater and it continues to say I have the latest software, I already have it rooted with Gingerbreak & I have the xionia recovery on it. I do not own this phone, I own the Samsung Epic 4g, which are 2 different phones, but the rooting process and adding recovery seem's to be about the same. I am not a total noob when it comes to android. I have done some researching, I have even tried to manually go to VD with the KP500 ( i believe its called) but I continue to get an error at 99% of analyzing it.

Bascially, All I want to do is add a ROM or Theme. I see some good stuff out there you guys got... Heck us samsung epic owners dont even have a stable CM7 and you guys do!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sryans2004

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Some time ago I had seen where people were using KDZ updater, but that may have only been V9 files and not VD. I looked a round a bit and didn't find anything helpful there, but you might have better luck.

You're looking for the SW version LS670ZVD update.

When the VD update rolled out, people who where rooted and accepted the update lost root access, so I don't think the fact that you are rooted and have a custom recovery will stop the update.

What happens when you try an OTA update?