I cannot seem to pin any sounds (alerts) to any notifications. Shouldn't I be able to use my own music and sounds to announce:

incoming calls
    voice message waiting
    e-mail waiting
    TXT message wating

etc.,

Can you advise ...? Thank you
    08-29-2011 02:56 PM
    I cannot seem to pin any sounds (alerts) to any notifications. Shouldn't I be able to use my own music and sounds to announce:

incoming calls
    voice message waiting
    e-mail waiting
    TXT message wating

etc.,

Can you advise ...? Thank you

If you create a folder on your sd card called media and then a folder within that folder, called notifications... Then they will show up when you go to choose your notification. Same with if you make a folder called "ringtones", within the media folder, then when you go to choose your Ringtone... You'll have the option of anything you put in that folder. Does that make sense? Lol
    08-29-2011 03:15 PM
    I know for email you have to actually go into email app>settings>notification. For contacts you can do individual tones for a contact. Same with text. You have to go into app then settings then notification settings

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-29-2011 04:35 PM
    I know for email you have to actually go into email app>settings>notification. For contacts you can do individual tones for a contact. Same with text. You have to go into app then settings then notification settings

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    As far as using your own music for like ringtones and notifications though, that's what you have to do. I believe this is what your talking about.
    08-30-2011 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD