Service provider change?

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
if it had a sim card then yes most likely but idk since it doesnt unless theres some unlock code but i think that the optimus (S)print is mainly just for sprint

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that imhumanoid has flashed her Optimus S over to Cricket. Maybe she can shed some light on this issue.

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So your phone is currently on sprint?

What are you wanting to flash it too.....?

Mine was on Sprint but I did manage to fully flash it over to CricKet. I am using the Cricket $55 android/smartphone plan.
Had a hell of a time convincing them to put me to the android plan once they realized my phone was flashed. Typical CricKet.

I used software to flash mine, then did the custom rom/kernal bit awhile after.

I cannot remember what the software was called, but I am trying to find it now. (It covered ALOT of providers)

THIS was what I used to put a custom recovery on my LG Opt/S (I only used RecoveryFlasher, Could not figure out ROMtools) ----> RecoveryFlasher/ROMtools

The ROM I used ----> Unofficial CM7 for LG Opt/S

Last edited:

jmo562003

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a LG Optimus S for use with Cricket service in Arizona. I wasn't aware that it was a flashed phone and that I wouldn't be getting any of the "Cricket Clicks" which includes MyBackup and Cricket Navigator. Since these aren't available, do I have to enter all my contacts in manually? I was able to go to Cricket's MyBackup website and print out all my contacts, but I dread entering them all in one by one. Is there any way around this?
Also, is it safe to clear all of the Sprint data (apps, etc.) off of the phone without it affecting anything? The help is greatly appreciated! :D

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you will need to enter all your contacts manually. but now they will be connected with a google account, it is auto backed up and whenever you switch phones just sync your new phone with your google account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay