Memory management apps

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting error messages that I can't install new apps because I am out of memory. What are the best memory management tools so I can monitor what is eating the internal memory?

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This can be a misleading message because there are different kinds of memory to be out of, but you need to be rooted and install a modified ROM like Reborn or Drew's CM7 and then look into data2ext which transfers your /system/data directory tree to a separate partition on your SD card so you can install as many apps as you see fit. Sometimes internal user memory is full and sometimes it is the cache memory that you have run out of. In either case, go to the Optimus S ROMs and Rooting subforum and dig in.

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem...

I cleared out my 100+ pics, pared down to ~20
I cleared out my large text message threads (25+ in the discussion), or any with pics.
I don't have that many apps (maybe 5 or 6 over stock)
Tried to install the Bing app to check it out, denied due to not enough memory to install. Tried to install Netflix, denied due to not enough memory to install.

I can't stand this phone sometimes.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem...

I cleared out my 100+ pics, pared down to ~20
I cleared out my large text message threads (25+ in the discussion), or any with pics.
I don't have that many apps (maybe 5 or 6 over stock)
Tried to install the Bing app to check it out, denied due to not enough memory to install. Tried to install Netflix, denied due to not enough memory to install.

I can't stand this phone sometimes.
You will need to be rooted and have custom recovery and CM7 ROM (for the method that I suggest in this reply). Read my post here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-hacks/117361-help-after-mod.html#post1229163

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance