Improve your battery life by keeping wifi on

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got something that works for you.

Do you have poor cell signal in your location?

CDMA uses a lot of power searching, but once it has a good signal, it is pretty power efficient. I haven't had an issue with WiFi completely disabled. Phone lasts 2.5 days with light usage.

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got something that works for you.

Do you have poor cell signal in your location?

CDMA uses a lot of power searching, but once it has a good signal, it is pretty power efficient. I haven't had an issue with WiFi completely disabled. Phone lasts 2.5 days with light usage.

Yea, I'm very excited about using my WiFi connection to maximize battery life.

At home my phone gets 3 bars most of the time. Sometimes it goes up to 4 and other times I see it at 2. The only way I could get my phone to last 2.5 days would be to put it in airplane mode or maybe just turn off data... :p

I haven't looked into tweaking the time between sync operations, but I'm typically running Gmail, Google Voice, Yahoo Mail, TweetDeck, and Foursquare.

What's your secret? :)

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Leaving wifi on when in a wifi area works great! That helps soo much with battery life. At work i have terrible coverage and just on standby it drains like crazy trying to constantly search for signal. For those who dont know, just make sure to go into settings/ wireless and networks / wifi settings / press menu/ advanced/ wi-fi sleep policy and check never and your all set. This allows the wifi to stay connected even when in standby mode and screen off. Since it never has to search for network it will save you a bit of battery. Try it out and you will see. :) good luck.

Its all in the link provided on first post. I didn't realize it and wrote this paragraph lol sorry for taking up space.

Reactions: mike9670