GIngerbread update and Email

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I update to Gingerbread a couple of days ago, I have constantly had to update the profile and PRL in order to receive my emails. I should have to do this, and it's only happened since the update.

Any suggestions?

Sidenote: Shouldn't my wifi and reception bars always be green? Sometimes it's white, and then turns green.

beav395

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem since the update. The only way I get new mail on my gmail app is to do a manual sync. It always worked perfectly before. I cleared the cache but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks

rkdav

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
My Gmail app behaves erratically. Sometimes it receives mail, other times it doesn't. It won't send at all. When I accessed it through Settings>Applications, the cache button is dimmed. I didn't feel comfortable hitting the Clear Data button--should I?

My workaround for now is to use the Email app to retrieve my Gmail. It doesn't accept push email but will check pretty frequently plus it will send emails out.

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
this Gmail/gingerbread thing is complete and utter bullsht. i missed an important meeting this morning, not to mention looking like an idiot to the rest of my aircraft crew because the meeting time was changed and i got no gmail notification after doing the gingerbread update late last night. i am absolutely livid at this sht.

how do i roll back to the previous version, whichever that was? not getting emails which are costing me money and reputation because some moron decided it was a good idea to roll out a half-baked, apparently not-thoroughly-tested update is not acceptable.

AtlantaTerry

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My update crashed halfway through today.

Now I don't get any WiFi and when I try to turn it on it shuts itself off after a few seconds.

Someone's head needs to roll!

:mad:

Ivy547

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My email (hotmail) wouldn't sync at all after the update, after almost two days of this I deleted all data from the email app and set it up again. Working great now! Most of my apps seem to have a hard time working with the updated phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling has solved my issues.

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This is gotten WAY out of hand. I was receiving emails pretty much all day long, and then suddenly stopped. We shouldn't have to root our phones just to fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech