Removing Cm7 help

malikshuman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was in the process of removing root from my phone so I could install official 2.3 when i ran into some trouble. I was able to get stock recovery and remove root but my phone still boots with cm7. I have no idea how to get rid of Cm7 and get stock firmware. Any help? Thanks
(Sorry I meant to put this in the rooting thread but i don't know how to delete it.)

Last edited:

graphic1982

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
sounds to me like you should've restored a backup from the stock rom, then reverted to stock recovery. the stock recovery AFAIK doesn't allow to format system or data, or to restore backups. I would think you could load Xionia recovery back on, the do your restore, then go back to stock recovery.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have stock recovery you can simply down load the update (they have it in the rooting section) and load it that way. You don't need stock rom. If you want to root that you need to make sure you have v9 recovery thought.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was in the process of removing root from my phone so I could install official 2.3 when i ran into some trouble. I was able to get stock recovery and remove root but my phone still boots with cm7. I have no idea how to get rid of Cm7 and get stock firmware. Any help? Thanks
(Sorry I meant to put this in the rooting thread but i don't know how to delete it.)
Id recommend OSCC tool and click v9 recovery
So the way id go is get v9 recovery.
Then flash something simple like reborn rom, i pick that because i know OTA works.
Then accept it, but thats only if you want ZVH not root. If you want root then take a look at the ZVH root forum.
But you have to have root for that, so id recommend taking a look at that :p
Thank me if i helped, alls appreciated!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: malikshuman