Phone stuck on ANDROID boo screen

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Got on a plane today and had to shut the phone off to comply with the rules. Tried to turn it back on after the flight was over and awesome... it gets to the ANDROID screen and then won't proceed any further. The logo does the little animation thing where the logo seems to "shine" as normal, then the "shine" stops moving, and the screen flashes black for a fraction of a second and then this cycle repeats. Tried removing the battery and starting it again. No change.

The phone is 100% stock and has never been rooted or messed with. That is not to say that I'm unwilling to root the phone if it fixes this problem and the host of other problems introduced by the bullsh!t gingerbread update that sprint pushed on us.

I tried the power-home-volumedown thing while it was plugged in to the wall charging (because I killed the battery in the boot loop when I forgot about it for a few hours). That didn't seem to work though it is possible I didn't time the pressing of the buttons correctly. I've never done it before. Does that have to be done when the phone is unplugged from the charger or something like that?

Please help before I smash this piece of crap.

EDIT: got the recovery thing to come up, had to do a complete phone wipe. awesome. i love this phone....

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
if you are completely stock and dont like gingerbread, you can roll back to zvd. It is very easy, just download the update.zip to your sdcard, boot into recovery, and scroll down one to apply update.zip.

But I am glad you got out of the boot loop.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html If you click on the first link there it will download the file you need. Really, it couldnt be easier.

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
the phone is (was) stock as stated in my original post.

i tried to do the zvd rollback and that didn't work - the rollback itself was successful but i still could not boot the phone past the ANDROID screen. had to do a 100% factory reset. obviously running zvd now as GB is trash.

things were running OK until yesterday, noticed since yesterday that I'm not getting gmail notifications now (out of nowhere, no changes made to the phone, and I was getting gmail updates just fine from 10-12 until yesterday). i hate this fcking phone.

Kylie Fukofski

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me last night and its still stuck on the Android logo and the hard reset wont work - Do you hold down all the keys at once, the home, voldown and power button or do you do one at a time?

Think my phone is well intruely buggered this time.

Kylie Fukofski

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
if you are completely stock and dont like gingerbread, you can roll back to zvd. It is very easy, just download the update.zip to your sdcard, boot into recovery, and scroll down one to apply update.zip.

But I am glad you got out of the boot loop.

Tried this, and did something but i could not scroll down on anything is pretty much looked like it was unpacking the update file i downloaded and then its still stuck on the android BUT wait!!!!!!!! it just made a noise!!!! and its done the hard reset!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMG my phone is working!!! thank you thank you. sooooo happy!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html If you click on the first link there it will download the file you need. Really, it couldnt be easier.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me last night and its still stuck on the Android logo and the hard reset wont work - Do you hold down all the keys at once, the home, voldown and power button or do you do one at a time?

Think my phone is well intruely buggered this time.

I assume you are trying to get into recovery. You press and hold home, vol down, and power (I always do power last so I don't got the combo wrong) and hold until you enter recovery. You need to be in a powered down state, so pull the battery first if you are not.