Lg optimus miui rom

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
my friend has suggested this rom to me:
he says its much more stable then my current drew's cyanogen mod build
im not sure my cyanogen mod is good but its lacking some speed.
should i switch to miui
i cant seem to find a thread abiout miui and its features and how to do it

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, there isn't an official MIUI ROM available for us. Development has been discussed in the past, check out the thread we have on it in the Rooting Section. Right now, I doubt the actual availability of MIUI for us, since we're primarily focused on the great ROMS we have right now. Scrosler's gROM is a very awesome choice, basically a clean version of Android 2.3. Then we have ROM's on the VD baseband, like Kraven's IHO CyanogenMod ROM's.

So it all depends on the baseband you have right now. Unfortunately, MIUI just isn't an option for a while I think. Hope this helps!

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
which one would you recommend?
i kinda like the online app data base features of muiu and the internet music storage buit in
any ideas of what i shouold consider switching to

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
so is MIUI like another cyanogen mod?

Its a chinese built ROM designed to look and feel like iOS. It has very high marks for useability and smoothness/speed, having a low memory footprint. It has been successfully ported to a number of android devices, there just wasn't enough interest for the dev's to port it to the S.

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
one more question :
is my baseband version found by doing
settings>about phone>baseband version?
because when i do that it says unknown
my model # is lg-ls670
android version-2.3.5
baseband-unknown
kernel- drew walton...
cpu ...
build id- stabel-001
mod version cm7
build # thunder stabel english

do you have any screen shots of the kravens iho rom?(link to official thread)
grom?
which version vd or vc?

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
one more question :
my model # is lg-ls670
android version-2.3.5
baseband-unknown
kernel- drew walton...
cpu ...
build id- stabel-001
mod version cm7

grom?
which version vd or vc?

Checking there doesnt necessarily tell the truth, but it is safe to say if you are running drew's cm7 and have data and cell reception you are on the zvd baseband

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Its a chinese built ROM designed to look and feel like iOS. It has very high marks for useability and smoothness/speed, having a low memory footprint. It has been successfully ported to a number of android devices, there just wasn't enough interest for the dev's to port it to the S.

The main reason it was never ported is miui devs do not release thier source code like cm7 devs do. So every unofficial miui port has to be reverse engineered, and with usually very little luck.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
one more question :
my model # is lg-ls670
android version-2.3.5
baseband-unknown
kernel- drew walton...
cpu ...
build id- stabel-001
mod version cm7

grom?
which version vd or vc?

You are most likely at ZVD, the cyanogenmod hasn't been ported to the new ZVH baseband yet.
gROM- http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119085-rom-grom-2-2-10-16-gb-flash-yes-flash.htm
The Kraven's CyanogenMod http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/115400-rom-wip-cm7-port-optimus-s-thekraven-10-23-2011-a.html

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks like they are open sourcing MIUI. I put it on my wife's evo and I really like it. Any chances of seeing a port now?

http://www.androidcentral.com/miui-rom-going-open-source

Still probably a no. MIUI has been sucessfully ported to many devices, yes. However MIUI has never been ported to a ARMv6 device which ours is. So theres that problem mixed with a ton of other problems at the current moment. I do know that cm7 and MIUI are similar, so I would love to see MIUI 4 for our device once we get the cm9 working well on our phones. That would make me the happiest person ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy