My friend noticed that every once in a while, the Phone app will start up with the Contacts tab instead of the Phone Dialer. They tell me it is a bit annoying. I found a workaround for them to go into Applications and delete the data for "Contacts" (NOT Contacts Storage). This will restore the functionality of brining up the dialer when pressing the phone button.

While they do have a workaround, does anybody know what triggers this behavior? They'd like to avoid it if it is a simple behavioral modification.
    10-19-2011 11:04 AM
    I can confirm that this is definitely behavior exhibited after upgrading to ZVH however I haven't the foggiest as to why. I have noticed the same issue myself although it hasn't really bothered me because I'm generally trying to call one of my contacts anyway. My guess is they (Google) assumed that "contacts" is the most used tab and decided to drop you there by default.
    10-19-2011 11:39 AM
    I don't think my friend would mind so much as long as there was still an option to bring up the dialer, that could be user-configured. As it stands when this behavior is triggered, he no longer has any way of going directly to the dialer and needs to do the 2-step, press phone, then press phone tab.

He was happy when I found the workaround for him of deleting the data for "Contacts". (NOT Contacts Storage, which would delete all your contacts)

That restored it to the original "Phone" brings up "Phone Dialer" behavior.

When he wants to bring up "Contacts" he just uses the "Contacts" button.
    10-19-2011 11:49 AM
    Ah when I mentioned clicking the phone icon I was referring to the icon in the dock. When I click the phone icon in the dock I am taken directly to contacts. If I open my app drawer and choose the "Phone" app itself I am taken directly to the dialer every time.
    10-19-2011 01:10 PM
    This is what I have noticed, if I direct dial someone from my contacts listing, then it brings up my contacts the next time I press the phone icon. If I dial from the dial pad, then it brings that up the next time I press the phone icon. So it seems as though it depends on the last action that was performed.
    10-19-2011 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD