Optimus S won't boot, just flashes "android" repeatedly.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today, I used my LG Optimus S to stream some radio and to do a bit of web surfing. Or, to split hairs, I used the mobile apps of Wikipedia and Der Spiegel. The battery was at about 67% when I decided to put the phone away, so I plugged in the AC cord.

About an hour later, I picked up the device again, which was now just flashing "android...android...android", the same way it normally does briefly when it boots up. Now it's been doing that for well over an hour.

What could be causing this? And what should I do? Any input would be appreciated, the sooner the better.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much for your quick response. However, how do I power down the phone? It doesn't respond normally to holding the power button down, not that I'd expect it to since it appears to think it's being powered up.

Should I just pop the battery?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Power down phone and reboot into recovery (vol down + home + power) and then follow these steps http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-rooting-ls670zvh-links-root-zvd-zv9-33.html#post1282378

Let us know what is happening, and we will be able to help if needed

Thanks very much for your quick response. However, how do I power down the phone? It doesn't respond normally to holding the power button down, not that I'd expect it to since it appears to think it's being powered up.

Should I just pop the battery?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
ETA: I just had this issue happen again twice, first early this morning and then again before noon. IIRC I was trying to use DoubleTwist both times so I'm beginning to think it's the culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith