Well today is not my day with my Optimus S. Around 11am the dang thing froze on me and i couldnt do anything with it and it looked weird cause it was in the home screen but i couldnt see the notification bar or change screens. So i decided to take the battery out like i have before (during the stock 2gb problems of freezing) and when i place it back to turn it on the thing somewhat froze on the Android logo to later say Sprint ID Clean. I dont think of it much, but when it finally booted up it was asking to set-up the phone, so i lost my contacts and all my settings but i still have my apps..

Anyone have this same problem..
    running 2.3.3

Phone was slow before this happened >.>
    11-11-2011 01:21 PM
    Your contacts should come back after you attach to your android account.
    11-11-2011 02:23 PM
    I had a system wipe occur on 2.2.2/Froyo, too. Apparently, the stock recovery defaults to a factory reset if something crashes it hard enough. Still not sure what did it. Needless to say, this is one of the main motivators in my move to rooting and installing a custom recovery.
    11-11-2011 03:54 PM
    Sfhub>
    yea i did that but then noticed i didnt have the new contacts from this month. I dont keep it sync 24/7 as it drains battery.

epidenimus>
    wow really even in 2.2.2, wonder what really did the phone in to cause the reset, since i highly doubt we had the same apps for the crash it.
    11-11-2011 05:48 PM
    I hate the idea of uploading all my contacts to an advertising company. Who does that to people they like?? GO Contacts EX is a more featured app and it allows you to save and backup your contacts to the SD card. You just have to remember to do it every now and then.

No idea what crashed it. I'm blaming it on Latitude.
    11-13-2011 05:00 AM
    I hate the idea of uploading all my contacts to an advertising company. Who does that to people they like?? GO Contacts EX is a more featured app and it allows you to save and backup your contacts to the SD card. You just have to remember to do it every now and then.

No idea what crashed it. I'm blaming it on Latitude.
    Actually, believe it or not, you can export and import your contacts to the SD card in the stock app. You just click the menu button and there is an option. I make sure to do this about once a week just to be safe

Sent from my OptiRom v1ed LG Optimus S
    11-13-2011 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD