Phone will not boot up, please help me!

OnlyPatty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay I am extremely frustrated right now! I have an Lg Optimus S running 2.3. The phone was rooted. Well, two days ago it started running slow, so I tried to do a system recovery. Well during this time, my little boy made my phones battery come out.. so the restore did not finish. So now I am stuck with a black screen. The phone will not boot up at all.. it shows the lg logo and then goes to a black screen. Even when you try to charge it. The phone will not boot up in emergancy mode, nor download mode, or it will not let me do a hard reset. I have spent hours and hours reading and trying to downgrade, use kdz but all of them require your phone to be in emergancy mode and my phone cannot be. I tried kdz update and it wont sense my phone.. I guess its right because the computer will not recognize it either. My husband has the same phone type and the computer recognizes his. This is all very frustrating and honestly, if anyone on here can help me.. I would be forever grateful. I will try anything. Please help a girl out! Thank you!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well i come with good news and bad news ...

bad news is it sounds like this device is toast. You can probably spend hours trying fixes to no avail, or save the time and accept it now.

the good news is this device is old enough, and cheap enough that you could pick up another used optimus off CL for a very reasonable price. The icing on the cake is, since your not activating the phone you could pick the best priced used Optimus S/C/T/V/1 thats in the best condition. No need to narrow the search down to Optimus S.

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
yea ya can pretty much get one for 60 to 85 bucks on CL and i know radioshack and bestbuy have a buyback program but i dont know if they would take it if it dont work not sure ya would have to ask but they give ya in store credit and its like 30 bucks i dont know if they give you cash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs