What Happened to Root

Fein#AC

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so for some reason none of my *Root* apps are not working and i was rooted. I tried to do the recovery thing (up volume,power,home) and it just goes to a black screen and thats it. What are my options? Can i go back to stock? or is there a way to get root back? I have The reborn rom and i seen that it was outdated so would that be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you or were you running?

Also, I think recovery boot key sequence on this device is Vol DOWN + Home + Power, let up when you see the LG logo.

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
How did you manage to hose your recovery? What did you do before this happened in terms of tinkering? What recovery were you running?

Please tell me that you did not install ROM Manager.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
uhhhhhh ya i installed rom manager :\ is that what F'd it up???? If so is there a way to go back or am i to far into the pile of already?
For the love of God, does anyone read the big bold stickies at the top of the page here? I may be getting jaded, as you are the second or third tonight to find this pitfall.

Yes, that is why your phone is messed up and you will need to explore that thread and try some of the suggestions to see if you can un-F$*# it. It is pretty bad, but there may be some hope for it yet:
[BRICK WARNING] - ROM Manager on the Optimus S = BRICK !!!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
No prob. Good luck!

Also, as you will see in the thread, a few folks have attempted to get a device-based block for this or at least a text warning on the ROM Manager Market page. Apparently, the app dev doesn't seem to care enough to respond to the concern for thousands of devices. Lame sauce! Also, when he knows of the issue and still sells it as:
ROM Manager is THE MUST HAVE APP for any Android root user.
That is really disingenuous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae