Help! I bricked my phone and can't find the right firmware

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone and am what 90% of anyone on here would consider a "noob". That being said it didn't take long for me to brick my phone. I am currently in possession of an lg optimus s ls670. I am following the tutorial on how to restore the original firmware, since when I turn my phone on all I get is the lg symbol. Im afraid I may have damaged my sd card in the process of trying to "fix" the problem. I have downloaded and unzipped the proper Lg drivers as well as the kdz files but Im unable to find the cabinet files needed for the original firmware. I tried the link in the "atomic bomb" method posted on this website but it is a broken link. Does anyone have to right link to download the firmware for my lg optimus s ls670? Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated as I don't feel like forking over $100 for a refurbished phone. Thanks

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Give us something we can use to help you. What did you do to hose it up? Have you read the stickies here? What do you mean by "firmware?"

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I rooted the phone a couple days ago. I have that xionia recovery thing. I downloaded the rom manager and when I went to flash a rom I couldn't boot up any more. So I tried to restore using the backup I thought I had made and evidently I mustve wiped that of too. So now when I power on I get stuck with lg symbol. Being the stubborn genius I am I did a bunch of things involving the sd card that I don't know anything about. I think I partitioned it or something. Anyways I tried to plug the sd card into my wii and that doesn't work anymore either. So I came to the forum and found this "atomic method for unbricking a phone." It has said to download and unzip the KDZ files which I have done as well as download the right drivers. It also had a link to the .cab files for the firmware for my phone the optimus s ls670. But the link is no good and I can't find those files anywhere.

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't reboot. I get all kinds of invalid messages when I try to do anything. My sd card must be wipe clean. I did pretty much every option the xionia recovery program has listed. I CAN get into that but it doesn't do anything for me anymore.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ive looked everywhere in here but since I don't have a lot of experience with this stuff Im having a hard time finding what Im looking for.

Ok in recovery you need install the zvd.update zip found in the thread in the stickies. And NEVER use rom manager again. Follow the instructions in the thread perfectly these people have it figured out.:)

Also need a working SDCARD....
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
1. You flash ROMs via the custom recovery. If you had read the stickies, you'd have seen that ROM Manager will brick this phone. I suggest you read the "ROM Manager = Brick" sticky thread for that all the way through now, as there are many tips and suggestions therein.

2. The fact that you can get into recovery is a good sign.

3. You will need a working SD card to try to fix this. Since your phone is incapacitated at the moment, you may be better off putting it into a SD card adapter and accessing it directly by computer, then formatting it using a tool, such as gparted. You will want it formatted to FAT32.

4. Once you are able to remove ROM Manager, all you should have to do is wipe the caches and flash a compatible (figure out if you have ZVD or ZVH) ROM from the SD card using recovery.

Reactions: aaronrw
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately in my excitement at having successfully rooted my phone I failed to read any of those stickies before jumping into trying to flash a new rom. Thanks for all your help. I hope I can get it to work.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You used rom manager. Your bricked, should have read the stickies, rom manager bricks Optimus S's.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
epidenimus offered the best advice. If you can still get into recovery you should have a relatively easy time getting your phone up and running again.

But since you are reinstalling anyway, why bother with stock zvd. Better off with a custom rom like Reborn or sROM. Both are based on the original Sprint ZVD source but vastly improved. They're bug free, rock solid stable, run faster/smoother, have more room for apps, and they have all the useless sprint crap stripped out. But as mentioned before, read the stickies. Then decide which rom you want to install. If you come across something about them being considered "older or dead" versions when you read the "Guide to rooting, roms, recoveries, and themes", don't worry about it. That just means they are based on the past android version which is fine. Believe me when I say, a custom will have you loving your phone again. Also the support you can get here for those custom roms is far superior to anything sprint offers in the way of tech support.

When you get it sorted out, post the outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze