carrier iq update removal do you think we are gettin it

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
ok the evo 3d just got an update for the removal of carrier iq and now according to phone arena the evo 4g, the evo design 4g and the samsung epic are getting updates this week well the epic is rolling it out now

and the samsung replenish just got the gingerbread update an i believe there is no carrier iq in it

so my question is are we gonna get the carrier iq removal update and will it include the fixed gingerbread and when

i hope we do :)

OTA updates are coming to the HTC EVO 4G, EVO Design 4G, and Samsung Epic 4G - adios Carrier IQ?

harsho1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I read on the interwebs that it will be removed in LG's official ICS update for the Optimus S, which will also add 4G LTE functionality. :D

Xmb941

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I read on the interwebs that it will be removed in LG's official ICS update for the Optimus S, which will also add 4G LTE functionality. :D
I Highly Doubt That The Optimus S Will Have 4G LTE. & IDK About That ICS Update Ether. If The Gingerbread Was Really Buggy Than I Bet The ICS Will Be Too. Because The Optimus S Procsser Is Only A ARMv6 But ICS Will Need A Much Faster Processer (ARMv7)

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i just want a fixed gingerbread i dont think we will get ics maybe a gb based rom that looks like ics i mean the optimus is a popular free phone i dont think there just gonna abandon ship on the whole gingerbread fail i mean the samsung replenish just got gingerbread

ocellaris

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i just want a fixed gingerbread i dont think we will get ics maybe a gb based rom that looks like ics i mean the optimus is a popular free phone i dont think there just gonna abandon ship on the whole gingerbread fail i mean the samsung replenish just got gingerbread

Sprint and LG have had plenty of time to fix the failed Gingerbread update. The fact that they pulled the update and then just abandoned it doesn't make things look to cheery for an update with Carrier IQ removed.

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It has only been a month since Sprint announced that they told their suppliers (whose developers, I'm sure, do most of the work) to remove Carrier IQ from *all* of Sprints supported phones (and, of course, those on the horizon to be released).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...all-oems-strip-carrier-iq-their-hardware.html

Along with Sprint, LG also has other customers to support. And there was that Christmas/New Year holiday.

Expecting a bug free and Carrier IQ free Gingerbread? that's asking a lot.

I'll stick with my guess from a month ago -- the next Optimus S update is Carrier IQ free Froyo.

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
well i mean they have had 4 months to work on a fix it what are they doin waiting for grass to grow taller and unicorns to sprout from there toes i mean come on and now this carrier iq removal which is awesome but why release it on froyo yea its a stable version in all but i mean come on you cant dangle a cookie in our faces and say theres gonna be a fix and then bail thats not cool who ever it is to blame

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Releasing GB for the Optimus was just an attempt to toss a cookie to Sprint users since they haven't had an interesting Android phone to release for some time.

But yes, now it is 4 months later. And the Optimus is 4 months closer to obsolescence, which makes it even more unlikely that we'll see GB anytime soon, if at all.

UnicornBacon

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I Highly Doubt That The Optimus S Will Have 4G LTE. & IDK About That ICS Update Ether. If The Gingerbread Was Really Buggy Than I Bet The ICS Will Be Too. Because The Optimus S Procsser Is Only A ARMv6 But ICS Will Need A Much Faster Processer (ARMv7)
He was being facetious, I assure you...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781