friend with optimus can't download and install apps.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
As the title states, and she says it had green this way since she got it new. I looked and it said she only had 20.3 Mb free. She was actually able to download one app and I moved that to Sd card. When after tried to download apps it tells her she doesn't have enough space

Any advice on how to proceed?

Last edited:

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
She could try and do a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem. That's what the guys at the sprint store will do anyway. Make sure she has all her contacts and stuff synced with her google account. If that doesn't fix it, she may need to take it back to sprint as a defective phone. The other option would be to root it, and put a custom ROM on it and have fun with it.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Was this phone directly from Sprint of somewhere else?

Anyway, it's easy enough verify exactly what apps have been downloaded onto the phone since it was new. Press the menu key and choose settings. Then choose Applications > Manage applications. It should open to the first tab which will only show the apps that have been downloaded to the phone. I'm thinking you might find a bunch there.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Settings/Applications and see which app is using all that data. (Sort by size)
Then do some clear cache on stuff like Gmail, Email, Maps, move to SD for all apps that are not small and not critical (like move games but not stuff with widgets).

This phone came with a very small amount of space left for the user. This due to all the partitioning that is done at the OS level. One of my gripes with android.

abhijeetmit

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've a LG Optimus S that is running very low on internal memory because of which I'm not able to install any applications. Can you please guide me on the steps to install applications on SD card by default and not on the internal memory. I'm a newbie to all this and would appreciate your help. My phone is running 2.3.3 ZVJ update.

Thank you for your help.

abhijeetmit

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Internal storage still limits my capability of installing multiple applications on my phone. That's why I was wondering if I can move all those gigantic applications directly on my SD card then I'll have the liberty of installing all sorts of applications on my phone.

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Every Google app I was force-fed will not move to SD, so avoiding their updates is all I can do to keep their sizes down. That way, I have about eighty apps loaded, with an eye kept on their sizes.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Internal storage still limits my capability of installing multiple applications on my phone. That's why I was wondering if I can move all those gigantic applications directly on my SD card then I'll have the liberty of installing all sorts of applications on my phone.

are you rooted or stock?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Stock. I don't know how to root a ZVJ version :(

Let me research you phone quick. I had the same issue with my nexus one and fixed it by partitioning off 1 gb of my SD card to ext3 and linking it to the system memory with an app called link2sd off Google play. This app requires root access though.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: abhijeetmit

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help and guidance Michael.

Your thanks may have been premature. If I am reading correctly in order to root your phone you would need to roll back to an update of the ZVH, do a factory reset then root your phone and update to ZVJ again in order to have root access with current firmware. This is a long process that will require quite some time and patience to complete. Unfortunately without experience with your model of phone I do not feel comfortable telling you how to root it. I can however try to point you in the right direction and am more than willing to help you setup a partitioned sd with link2sd.

Here's a link to rooting your phone. A word of advise first is to read and understand all the steps to the process before beginning. You would also have to reinstall all your apps after this process also as it does call for a factory reset.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I can help you more with your storage issues if you had root access. Unfortunately rooting your phone will void your manufactures warranty. Basically if the hardware fails they will not fix it and you are SOL. Here is a link to rooting. Read carefully before attempting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair