PLEASE help!!! optimus s wont go to recovery and wont boot

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have rooted my phone and installed reborn rom plus some extra themes. i recently bricked it:'( but i was able to unbrick it and re install my stuff. today i turned it off and now i cant go into recovery and also when i turn it on it freezes on the reborn rom screen. I NEED HELP with this it has been stressing me out like crazy. i love this phone and just want it back. any help please?

lord akira

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you have everything already on backup, try a hard reset, while its off hold volume down, home, and the power button for 5 seconds. It should reset everything to "factory" but I'm not positive that it will work on a "rooted" phone but its worth a shot right?

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
thanks tried it but it didnt work. :-\ but now my phone goes to the home screen with the "slide to unlock" but it wont respond.

From that screen you should be able to press and hold the power button, which will bring up the boot menu. You should be able to choose "Recovery". From there just reinstall the ROM making sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache. Or reinstall your latest nandroid backup.

Btw, what recovery do you have?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Please be patient traxxas, jumping around the Optimus forums in various threads is not going to get things resolved faster. If anything veteran members will look away from this type of activity and you won't get the help you need.

Best of luck.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you get adb to connect to the phone? Do you still have root?

If so you can probably flash xionia recovery again and also flash the stock kernel.

I am on mobile right now or I would give you the commands.

Nagiom

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, my Optimus started showing the exact same symptoms with Your Mom ROM tonight. I got an email and the unlock screen was completely unresponsive. So I pulled the battery and restarted a few times, but no dice. Then, I tried to boot into recovery (Xionia), but no luck. Holding down the power, volume down and home buttons didn't do anything. The phone booted normally to a lock screen that is unresponsive. After trying this a few times, the phone stopped booting altogether and hangs at the Your Mom Rom splash screen. The only odd thing is that the phone starts powering on as soon as I put the battery in and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my boot issues. Right now, I'm going to leave the battery out and start back at it in the morning.

Nagiom

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, not sure if this helps, but I took mine to the Sprint Store since I have the insurance. They were able to unlock it in about 20 minutes but I still couldn't boot into Xionia. So I re-rooted and reflashed Xionia. Then, I wiped everything and flashed HydroRom. Now, everything is all honky dorry.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So you rooted your phone and installed xionia. Did you then install reborn or rom manager first? The issue is rom manager will over write xionia with its own recovery, and then when you flash a rom with it, snafu's the device. So it is not a conflict with xionia and rom managers clockwork mod, it is that xionia is now gone. What happens when you try to boot up in recovery? Black screen and hard keys lit? And when you try to boot into android? Boot loop? More information.

Edit: Have you tried this method?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=602790

If you can get that to work, then once you are able to boot into android, you can flash stock recovery (use the automated root utility in the stickies in the opti s rom section as it will flash stock recovery) then you can run the zvd update.zip to get back to zvd baseband ( at this point if you get that far i would do a ##786# reset to properly reprovision your phone, you will need your msl# which you can get from sprint customer service). then re root with the same root utility ( which will also flash xionia) and never use rom manger again.

Last edited:

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i can boot into recovery but the screen is lit up but blank although i found out that everything in recovery still responds. I was able to reboot my phone and also boot back into recovery. But my problem is i cant see anything i just need to got to backup/restore. But i cant see anything in recovery. Does that help any??

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, then we need to figure out what the interface structure is of that recovery, so you can do it blind and wipe and flash a rom that may boot. If you can get to boot up, you would still be able to install a different recovery with terminal emulator instead of adb

Reactions: traxxasBandit

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Clockworkmod v3.0.0.5 is what i have guys. Im not making much progress finding anything i dont know what the controller mappings are. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca