PLEASE help!!! optimus s wont go to recovery and wont boot

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I have zero experience with fixing a rom manager brick. I have been trying to offer assistance, I have been just hoping someone else might be able to offer assistance. Perhaps it might get more notice in the rom manager brick thread.

Edit: Okay I found some screenshots of that recovery here. http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

What I want you to try is to do a wipe data/factory reset from recovery, though I know you cannot see it. Try booting into recovery even though it will be a black screen. Do that and give it 30 seconds to get there, hit the vol down key twice then the settings key. Then vol down 7 times and settings key again. Give that 5 minutes to work then hit the settings key again. In theory that will perform the data wipe and try to boot into your rom. If that doesnt work, pull the battery and try substituting the settings key all times for the home key.

And if that doesnt work, I would throw it in a bucket of water for an hour and take to sprint and say it doesnt work LOL

Last edited:

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry dude im not trying to make you mad i just really need this and youv been a great help. So i did what you said and now i have an android screen instead of the rom screen. And it turns on and goes to my rom. But everything is force closing. Still thanks for the help I
m workin on it right now cause im gettin somewhere with it

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I would try installing xionia with terminal emulator if you cannot get adb to work. But hey you got into android atleast that is moving forward!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

atylene

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
i have bricked my sprint lg marquee trying to falsh custom fonts with rom manager. it is stuck on boot screen and wont do crap. finally got message after repeatedly pushing home button that says cant mount sd card HELP

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude, if you could do a write up of what all you did. There isn't a good definitive rom manager snafu guide.

We are always glad to help, but we do get tired of trying to help rom mangler bricks and lord knows there are alot of them.

If you don't want to do a true guide, no prob. Give us a list of what exactly was wrong, what worked and what did not. Myself or someone else can turn it into a help guide. That rom manager sticky is of very little help to fix the problem.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Awwwwww Snap! :-\ bricked the phone again LOL. But this time i wanted to see what the "LG style factory reset" would do lol badddd idea. my phone went all crazy and sh**. :confused: now i have the android recovery and it just does a fastboot. And when i turn it on its the setup wizard but i press the android guy and nothing happpens.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I must say I am impressed. You did BOTH of the biggest Optimus s no-no's lol !!!

Just pull you battery, boot to recovery and perform a wipe date/factory reset from recovery. That should fix you.

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, ladies and gentlemen i have succesfully bricked my optimus s every thinkable way.....BUT iv found a way to unbrick it every time! :D . I will soon do a guide or something on how to unbrick a optimus s. It might take a while though, as thier are many ways to brick it, but i have the unbrick method for every one! Tested and up to date. :)

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Since no one mentioned both ways you bricked your opti s have been stickied on the rooting, roms , and hacks sections of the forum just for future reference you might want to look at them. So it doesn't happen again.