Memory problems

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've usually had about half of my memory for my phone free running vd/vh with adw launcher ex which is great. But know that I've had zvj with gingerrom 1.3 + adw launcher ex my available memory has dropped to around 110mb AND usage spikes at times when I turn the screen on and the phone becomes unresponsive for about 5-10 seconds. I'm not running any other background apps besides setcpu, I don't even have any games on my phone.
Kernel is iscream, I know that some people have had bugs with it and zvj but it seems to run fine for me, because when I flash gingerkernel I had more bugs than with iscream or the stock kernel. I've had my phone since it came out and it gone through alot of flashing and customizing since then so I don't know if its just starting to wear out or what. Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only one?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've usually had about half of my memory for my phone free running vd/vh with adw launcher ex which is great. But know that I've had zvj with gingerrom 1.3 + adw launcher ex my available memory has dropped to around 110mb AND usage spikes at times when I turn the screen on and the phone becomes unresponsive for about 5-10 seconds. I'm not running any other background apps besides setcpu, I don't even have any games on my phone.
Kernel is iscream, I know that some people have had bugs with it and zvj but it seems to run fine for me, because when I flash gingerkernel I had more bugs than with iscream or the stock kernel. I've had my phone since it came out and it gone through alot of flashing and customizing since then so I don't know if its just starting to wear out or what. Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only one?
I recall reading posts where users were having issues with SetCPU with some of the newer ROMs. Try NoFrills CPU Control, it seems to work well.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The newer version of set CPU did the same thing to me and I am running ZVD with reborn rom. I reinstalled and older version of Set CPU and fixed it for me.
I have gotten in the habit of reading through the changes and the reviews before accepting any update. Still running a <4 version of GoSMS and have no intention of upgrading. Sometimes, what solves one problem creates another.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I wouldnt even mess with CPU apps for this phone. I'm realizing that the more complex the setup, the more variables, and likely unwanted results. This phone has an uncomplicated nice single core CPU. Hell my current phone is 1ghz dual core with guys clocking it to 1.4ghz, and i underclock to 700mhz and let sleeping dogs lie.

I know, and i wouldnt take some strangers advice either but would form my own opinion, but i'm just sharing the opinion i've formed from my many years with android.

P.S. On topic, does your current setup include dalvik cache to cache? The difference with and without would explain 30(ish)mb's of lost space. Just a suggestion to look into.