dixv playback for zvj gingerbread/gingerkernel problems

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with the recent ZVJ upgrade on my rooted optimus s. The phone is more stable than with gingerbread (zvh). The problem is nothing cool works now. I'm using gingerkernel and ginger rom. I just noticed that I can't play any divx files anymore. I don't know if this is an app problem, but I'm using the same app that worked for divx before. ArcMedia is what I was using to play divx, but it's not loading any .avi files anymore. I've also tried a version from the market arcMedia lite, but with no joy. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if there's any player that will work for divx now. I don't want to downgrade to Froyo again, and have the same problem. It'd be nice to have app 2 sd again, I also liked the fact that Netflix used to work... I dunno what would happen now if I was to switch back to Froyo, but I know I won't go back to the zvh gingerbread crap.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with the recent ZVJ upgrade on my rooted optimus s. The phone is more stable than with gingerbread (zvh). The problem is nothing cool works now. I'm using gingerkernel and ginger rom. I just noticed that I can't play any divx files anymore. I don't know if this is an app problem, but I'm using the same app that worked for divx before. ArcMedia is what I was using to play divx, but it's not loading any .avi files anymore. I've also tried a version from the market arcMedia lite, but with no joy. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if there's any player that will work for divx now. I don't want to downgrade to Froyo again, and have the same problem. It'd be nice to have app 2 sd again, I also liked the fact that Netflix used to work... I dunno what would happen now if I was to switch back to Froyo, but I know I won't go back to the zvh gingerbread crap.

I use mx player. But I cannot confirm that it works with gingerkernel. Sorry.

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback. Anyone link me to app to SD instructions?
Edit: MX player is NOT an .avi player. It actually played .mkv, but very laggy.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback. Anyone link me to app to SD instructions?
Edit: MX player is NOT an .avi player. It actually played .mkv, but very laggy.

I've used qqplayer, which plays just about everything...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: divx playback for zvj gingerbread/gingerkernel problems

Thanks! Qqplayer works. Tested it out on an .avi sample, and it played fine. In sync too! I was using arc media player before, luckily this works just as well if not better. I dunno why arc media player doesn't work now. Does this do streaming videos too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci