06-11-2012 08:10 PM
174 1234 ...
tools
    Good idea here dude. Maybe change the thread title to: "If it's about Cold as Ice, and it's not a new bug report, than post it here"? or something like that.
    The problem is no on knows if its a NEW bug report. Everyone just downloads the latest build then skips to the last page of the thread and honestly I don't think they should get so upset they are on a public thread anyone anywhere anytime can walk up and say hey and no one can help that..
    ..if they quit on the project because of a clogged thread....then cold as ice is as good as doomed

I'm not complaining just trying to figure it out.....and worry
    06-08-2012 09:57 AM
    The main problem is that if people are interested in a project on forums they should be polite and read though the thread or at least search the thread using the dedicated "Search in thread" to see if their questions have already been answered before posting in a thread. If everyone did that, it wouldn't be so huge. Like for instance, we posted the Google music hosts fix about 5-6 times simply because people were too lazy to either read or search.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    06-08-2012 10:12 AM
    The main problem is that if people are interested in a project on forums they should be polite and read though the thread or at least search the thread using the dedicated "Search in thread" to see if their questions have already been answered before posting in a thread. If everyone did that, it wouldn't be so huge. Like for instance, we posted the Google music hosts fix about 5-6 times simply because people were too lazy to either read or search.

I see ,how much danger is cold as ice in right now of abandonment? I think its the only ics rom that works for our phone......so I'm worried(having bad dreams about it even)
    06-08-2012 10:26 AM
    I see ,how much danger is cold as ice in right now of abandonment? I think its the only ics rom that works for our phone......so I'm worried(having bad dreams about it even)
    Not sure really. I just hope we can make it easier on him somehow.

06-08-2012 10:48 AM
    Kraven said that he might go to private alphas a while ago. However, he said it with next to it, so I think it may have been meant as a joke with more than a grain of truth in it. How bad is it? We don't know. You'd have to ask him (and since he's been silent recently, I think he's trying to not get involved, so I don't know if you should ask him).
    06-08-2012 10:49 AM
    What does partinioning a sdcard do? Sorry I don't know lol

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    06-08-2012 11:44 AM
    I wont ask but once I get a computer I'm gonna make some roms
    06-08-2012 02:19 PM
    What does partinioning a sdcard do? Sorry I don't know lol

It allows you to make a ext2 partition so you can take advantage of mounts2sd or other data2ext apps and mods

Just a warning though, it WILL erase your SD card.

06-08-2012 03:18 PM
    Looks like 11d is as far as we get...
    Thread closed?
    Edit "locked".
    06-08-2012 04:46 PM
    Deleted.
    06-08-2012 04:50 PM
    I'm sad real sad I started crying no joke

06-08-2012 06:33 PM
    Just as I was starting to feel okay about having a lower phone still... Guess I'll get back to eagerly awaiting my upgrade date in September...
    06-08-2012 08:29 PM
    I hope thekraven dosent stop development on everything he is working on, I love his roms it just sucks that the few ruin it for the majority.

thekraven I wish you the best of luck in any endeavors you partake in, this rom will be missed.
    06-08-2012 10:19 PM
    It's sortof the nature of the beast. Developers who publish their work on publc forums like these will always have to put up with the "noobs" who don't really add much value at all to the discussion and instead clog up the threads. Nothing personal against them, I'm sure they're super excited about it and want to try to help out some way or just give their praise, but I can also see how it gets overwhelming. Hell, I only put out one flashable zip a long time ago (for a data2ext like script) and had a small taste of it. I thought the private testing was a pretty good approach at streamlining things, honestly.
    06-08-2012 10:33 PM
    I hope thekraven dosent stop development on everything he is working on, I love his roms it just sucks that the few ruin it for the majority.

thekraven I wish you the best of luck in any endeavors you partake in, this rom will be missed.
    I agree... I'm not a developer but I can imagine that it's hard work especially on recreation, even more frustrating with the comments and the clogging of the tread, I understand why he quit and I don't blame him... I would have quit too... But yes his amazing ROM or ROMs will be missed
    inceyet likes this.
    06-08-2012 10:46 PM
    Achieved. Development is dying slowly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 11:24 PM
    Much love, buddy. You and drew kept my phone a respectable, current device.
    duffieldj1 and Va1ha11a like this.
    06-08-2012 11:32 PM
    reasons to quit

[ROM]Cold as Ice for Optimus V [UPDATED A10F+NEW KEYFIX]

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...ted-a11-5.html

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...dated-a11.html

somewhere there is a dontate button for this rom that does not go to thekraven
    Va1ha11a and ShadowEO like this.
    06-09-2012 12:12 AM
    Guess I'm finally going to use my upgrade and go on to the Evo 4g LTE. Thanks a lot Kraven, learned a lot with this phone and will miss your development a lot. You made it a good run.
    06-09-2012 01:12 AM

Today is a sad day for the Optimus S.

i respect his decision. he probably felt a lot of pressure for this ROM.

At least we have his amazing CM7.2 build.
    06-09-2012 01:26 AM
    Yeah, and this was also a contributing reason. it's the exact same ROM on a different site, posted by AC USER CAMMYKOOL. HE DOES NOT CREDIT KRAVEN OR RELINK TO THIS SITE. THAT IS THEFT.

Here is his original post (I have edited nothing, simple copy and paste. The big spaces are screenshots

cammykool

Resident *****

[ROM]Cold as Ice for Optimus V [UPDATED A10F+NEW KEYFIX]
    on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:17 AM
    Well it looks like Cold As Ice is working on Optimus V. I take no credit for figuring any of this out, or even being a DEV. I just like using ROMs. So here's the steps you need to take to get Cold As Ice working on the Optimus V! Cold as Ice is a Optimus S rom that required no changed to run on the V besides the keyswap.

Boot into recovery.
    Make a backup.
    Clear Data, Cache & Dalvik Cache.

Install the Cold As Ice zip...
    Download Link - Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Flash Gapps
    Download Link - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120317-small-signed.zip

(DO THIS) Reboot your phone, it will take a while to start up.

Once it starts up you'll notice a few things are still messed up so reboot back into recovery.

OV fix for all sprint branding and MMS *INCLUDES KEYFIX* -
    Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire
    Now boot up again and enjoy

Note: I don't know anything about building ROMs so I may not be the right person to ask, just posting this to help out!

With motoblur 4.0 launcher will release if people are interested

what works as of now that doesnt work on quattrimus:
    Native USB
    PNGS updated so the entire rom looks better and not so choppy
    mic works on apps oither then Phone
    MMS half works (you can send not receive PMed jerry about it)
    the backing up of apps works so when you log into your account your apps automatically start downloading (disable this during setup if not wanted)
    3G is no longer choppy will stay locked in permentilly (unless on WI-FI)
    may or may not work with jerrys recovery (needs testers!)
    Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:00:24 PM by cammykool
    PLEASE NOTE my post may consist of sarcastic or funny please do not get offended
    06-09-2012 06:30 AM
    He must have gotten permission though.... did he?
    06-09-2012 06:56 AM
    This is vary sad that people can't just wait and not harass the developer and how do you steal someones work especially when they put as much work in as thekraven I hope he one days comes back to developing rooms and stuff but if not I would understand.

Sent from my LS670
    06-09-2012 06:58 AM
    Cammy does have permission. You guys need to stop being so cruel. You never know what it is until TheKraven tells. Basically, give him space, and stop posting about it. Cammy has been informed of the donate button within his thread if you read the comments.

06-09-2012 07:11 AM
    Cammy does have permission. You guys need to stop being so cruel. You never know what it is until TheKraven tells. Basically, give him space, and stop posting about it. Cammy has been informed of the donate button within his thread if you read the comments.

He should still credit Kraven in his post and link to AC.
    aaronrw likes this.
    06-09-2012 07:15 AM
174 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD