06-11-2012 08:10 PM
174 12345 ...
tools
    I don't even own this phone and I'm sad. Thekraven put up with folks posting his work without permission long enough. This actually started when johnny posted a link to a test build and escalated from there. Never really was the same as people wanted to post mirror links on their sites and what not. Sorry to the ones who played by the "rules" here and now don't have ICS development any longer. Maybe he'll buy an optimus elite and build roms for it..LOL I could be so lucky! Thanks thekraven for ALL the HARD work and hours that MOST AC members never took for granted.
    06-09-2012 07:29 AM
    He must have gotten permission though.... did he?
    No, thekraven asked for no mirrors and no reposts. This is THE reason he quit and PMed his testers before he informed AC.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2
    aaronrw and Va1ha11a like this.
    06-09-2012 08:17 AM
    He should still credit Kraven in his post and link to AC.
    True. He forgot credit, and that donate shouldn't be there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 08:34 AM
    I saw no where that he said he was leaving, just rumors. How do you know he isn't working on something huge right now. Or maybe he just doesn't have time atm to do anything

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-09-2012 08:48 AM
    I saw no where that he said he was leaving, just rumors. How do you know he isn't working on something huge right now. Or maybe he just doesn't have time atm to do anything

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    He (thekraven) informed his testers via PM that he was quitting, and asked AC to close the thread.
    06-09-2012 08:51 AM
    Cammy did not take credit for any cold as ice development, looks like just posted links to it.
    06-09-2012 09:04 AM
    My fellow optimus v users are getting pretty good at using other peoples work without permission. I hate seeing anybody who ports or links have donate buttons. Some of the best devs we have don't even have donate buttons. But these guys doing half *** ports of other peoples work, some times don't even have permission, will throw a donate button. You can see how much integrity translates to quality work. This sucks that leeches chased off one of your best devs. This used to be the place for quality work. For a while it was a very respectable forum, then everybody abandoned xda and swarmed android central and its been a lot of disrespect low quality work, with the exception of a few real devs. I have been using the kravens builds on my OV here and there for over a year now, but I cringed when his cai rom got linked on our forums. It just causes confusion and unnecessary bug reports, on his OS threads. Its long tedious work building roms, then you add pages of stupid questions, and top it off with someone posting links and not giving proper credit. These devs do this as a kind gesture, the ones who take donations, I'm sure make pennies per hour for their work, if that. Show them respect and gratitude. They don't need to do this, and lack of respect will keep chasing them off. Sorry my rants over now.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    aaronrw, Pkt_Lnt, Va1ha11a and 6 others like this.
    06-09-2012 09:06 AM
    Cammy did not take credit for any cold as ice development, looks like just posted links to it.
    NOR was credit given to thekraven, and a Donate button was there. REALLY? Come on this is wrong on SO many levels. AND thekraven was more than vocal about reposting his work and giving links or mirrors. It's more than obvious what happened here.
    Va1ha11a and Pkt_Lnt like this.
    06-09-2012 09:38 AM
    Anybody know what device Kraven is moving to or is he just stopping developing in general?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 09:39 AM
    NOR was credit given to thekraven, and a Donate button was there. REALLY? Come on this is wrong on SO many levels. AND thekraven was more than vocal about reposting his work and giving links or mirrors. It's more than obvious what happened here.
    thekraven posted repeatedly

No mirroring or repackaging. But patches are fine.
    There was a mirror on MediaFire.
    It was reposted on numerous other sites, VMRoms, Android Forums and those posts have direct links to the files, not just a link to this forum thread.

That is total disrespect for thekraven and Android Central.

It seems users support CammyCool more than thekraven.
    06-09-2012 09:59 AM
    thekraven posted repeatedly

There was a mirror on MediaFire.
    It was reposted on numerous other sites, VMRoms, Android Forums and those posts have direct links to the files, not just a link to this forum thread.

That is total disrespect for thekraven and Android Central.

It seems users support CammyCool more than thekraven.
    THIS ^ says it all.......
    Va1ha11a, Pkt_Lnt and jnow2 like this.
    06-09-2012 10:04 AM
    Stop crying, y'all act like somebody stole his rent money. These are public forums, people are gonna ask stupid questions repeatedly, they're gonna do stupid things like posting links to roms they've been told not to do. If you want it to stop then stop putting it on these forums, do everything privately. Thanks for all the hard work kraven, you're a really great dev.
    jonny5449 likes this.
    06-09-2012 10:23 AM
    The last I knew The Kraven wasn't taking PMs, so I'll use this to give my thanks. I reverted and flashed CAI a few weeks ago, and I've loved it. I'm truly disappointed to see that it's done being developed.
    Guys like Kraven and Drew (And a bunch of others) have made having my Opti pretty enjoyable for the last 20 months.
    Kraven, if you read this know that your work is greatly appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed. Good luck in whatever you do next.
    06-09-2012 10:32 AM
    True. He forgot credit, and that donate shouldn't be there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I was under the impression that cammykool was a girl, but yeah not giving proper credit and the donate button is just wrong.
    aaronrw likes this.
    06-09-2012 10:49 AM
    Stop crying, y'all act like somebody stole his rent money. These are public forums, people are gonna ask stupid questions repeatedly, they're gonna do stupid things like posting links to roms they've been told not to do. If you want it to stop then stop putting it on these forums, do everything privately. Thanks for all the hard work kraven, you're a really great dev.
    No No No...WE ACT LIKE somebody stole, robbed and dispersed thekravens work like a crackhead steals baking soda, rocks it up and sells it on the street for a profit. oh was this a bad metaphor? Point made, I hope.
    Va1ha11a and jnow2 like this.
    06-09-2012 11:11 AM
    So because people are inherently flawed, they're allowed to do whatever they want? And that Kraven has to let them do whatever they want with HIS software that he shares out of the goodness of his heart, simply because he is allowing the public to use his ROM with a few and totally reasonable rules? That's like saying that you can go into a restaurant and start messing up the whole place, simply because you say that "If he didn't want me to do that, he shouldn't have allowed me to come in, and he should have just cooked for his family or something." What you're proposing would be a detriment to the entire community, as to do this "privately", we would have to exclude some people, and than new members wouldn't learn the ropes. AND, if we did exclude you, people would say "Dude, learn to share, just post it on the forums, it doesn't hurt anybody!" You say, "You're such a great dev Kraven" as afterthought, simply to appease some people in this thread. IF you meant it, you'd respect the few rules he has more. Attitudes like this, "Oh, just let them do whatever they want with your work that you spent hours and hours on Kraven" are precisely why Kraven chose to pack up shop before he got to frustrated and lost it with one of you guys.

And to the rent money shot, No, they didn't steal thousands of dollars, but yes, they did steal money, both from Kraven and from the doners. The doners because they were trying to encourage further development, and thekraven because the link went to him. So now you're saying that stealing is ok, and that we should "Stop crying" and not frown on things when people try to take advantage of Kraven's hard work with a sleazy underhanded scheme to make money off of trusting and lied to innocents? If someone with that attitude became head of AC, you'd soon make XDA look like a day care center combined with Harvard.
    aaronrw, duffieldj1, Zhara and 1 others like this.
    06-09-2012 11:16 AM
    I hope thekraven is feeling the love right now. This thread has totally been hijacked by his loyal cm opti-army!! LMFAO
    06-09-2012 11:25 AM
    So because people are inherently flawed, they're allowed to do whatever they want? And that Kraven has to let them do whatever they want with HIS software that he shares out of the goodness of his heart, simply because he is allowing the public to use his ROM with a few and totally reasonable rules? That's like saying that you can go into a restaurant and start messing up the whole place, simply because you say that "If he didn't want me to do that, he shouldn't have allowed me to come in, and he should have just cooked for his family or something." What you're proposing would be a detriment to the entire community, as to do this "privately", we would have to exclude some people, and than new members wouldn't learn the ropes. AND, if we did exclude you, people would say "Dude, learn to share, just post it on the forums, it doesn't hurt anybody!" You say, "You're such a great dev Kraven" as afterthought, simply to appease some people in this thread. IF you meant it, you'd respect the few rules he has more. Attitudes like this, "Oh, just let them do whatever they want with your work that you spent hours and hours on Kraven" are precisely why Kraven chose to pack up shop before he got to frustrated and lost it with one of you guys.

And to the rent money shot, No, they didn't steal thousands of dollars, but yes, they did steal money, both from Kraven and from the doners. The doners because they were trying to encourage further development, and thekraven because the link went to him. So now you're saying that stealing is ok, and that we should "Stop crying" and not frown on things when people try to take advantage of Kraven's hard work with a sleazy underhanded scheme to make money off of trusting and lied to innocents? If someone with that attitude became head of AC, you'd soon make XDA look like a day care center combined with Harvard.
    Couldn't have said it better myself...
    06-09-2012 11:25 AM
    I love how on android forums, they allowed the CAI thread with its mirrors to persist, even after people complained. I'm kinda disgusted at what I saw there and won't be frequenting that forum.

I reported all the CAI threads. I never read any of them because I thought they were stupid in the first place and I knew I could run OS roms, so I just came to the actual thread and downloaded. This morning I decided to read the other mirror threads and I was appalled that NOT ONCE was kravens name mentioned. I was also appalled to find on vmroms that there is not even a link to the original thread, only download links.

I know cammy may not have done it intentionally, so I don't want to berate him, but it was not right what was done.

/angry
    06-09-2012 11:43 AM
    How can you not do it intentionally? The file name for both alpha and gapps had thekraven in them, and you have to head to this thread to get the DL link (which he did)
    aaronrw and jnow2 like this.
    06-09-2012 11:54 AM
    By intentionally I mean maybe he didn't understand.... but you'd think he would, he has over 1000 posts on android forums and he's a mod at DHoT...

I am sorry I didn't read those stupid threads sooner and realize they should have been shut down.

As an aside, CuriousNoob was trying to get it shut down before he got banned, but bashing the noobs who were doing the wrong thing somehow didn't work...
    06-09-2012 11:59 AM
    Has anybody got internet calling working on this rom? I use the same credentials I used in CM7 but, it's a no go. I can't get csipsimple to work on either rom.

06-09-2012 01:09 PM
    Edit Nvm I'm an *****, didn't even see the 3rd page lol.
    06-09-2012 02:04 PM
    Its sad but who will pick up the torch?
    Thekraven Thank you!
    06-09-2012 02:06 PM
    Anybody know what device Kraven is moving to or is he just stopping developing in general?

The answer to that is not being made public at this time.

This is indeed tough news, for all of us. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. The best thing we can do now is move forward. Thekraven will not be forgotten.
    06-09-2012 02:13 PM
174 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD