Charging Issues. Battery Drains, and screen goes crazy

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I have a new problem. I used to be able to charge my phone using the USB port on my computer and the USB cable that came with the phone. Recently though the battery will drain even though it's charging via he USB port any idea why? I tried rebooting the phone incase any application were running is the background causing a drain, but that didn't help.

Another issue is sometime when I try charging the phone using a wall charger the screen will go crazy. For the some reason the phone will detect key presses even though the phone is lying on the table by it's self. For that I use a usb adapater to connect to the wall. It's a 5v 1A output.

Lastly at times I have to fiddle around with the microport to get the phone to charge or the computer to recognize it. I guess the charging port might be defective. Is that something that needs to be fixed quickly or will waiting cause bigger problems down the road?

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
As far as charging on the computer, I know that if I have other things plugged into USB ports on the computer power is not evenly allocated, (i'm on a laptop.) If you are using a desktop try using the USB ports on the backside of the tower. It could also be the USB cable, have you tried a different one?

The screen going crazy seems interesting...what do you mean by crazy? Try to be more specific and we may be able to give you a better reply.

Lastly, if the charging port is going out, yes eventually that will probably get worse. But if you can use it, I wouldn't fix it until it stopped charging altogether. I would just be careful when charging make sure there isn't any stress on the cable or port while charging and leave it be.

My Kindle Fire is not charging well and I have to be very careful with it. I feel your pain. Good luck.

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
By crazy I meant. The screen will detect screen presses even though I'm not pressing anything. The phone will be lying on the desk, and as soon as I unlock it. It will start launching programs, or open the keyboard and start typing random letters.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone does that too. Sometimes it's because the moisture in my bathroom gets to it (i keep it on the sink counter while i shower so it can play music) and other times it's completely random. My charging port also is very sensitive, so you're not alone there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835