Lately my Opti s hasn't been charging correctly sometimes it won't charge I tried different chargers and i use three batteries two that are brand new this has survived full wipes and even flashing a new rom didn't help :banghead: Any assistance would be appreciated

Sent from my Opti s running tweaked cm7
    08-02-2012 11:39 PM
    Lately my Opti s hasn't been charging correctly sometimes it won't charge I tried different chargers and i use three batteries two that are brand new this has survived full wipes and even flashing a new rom didn't help :banghead: Any assistance would be appreciated

What ROM(s)/Kernel(s) has this happened on?
    08-03-2012 04:12 PM
    I'm leaning more towards a bad charging/USB port on the phone. Try leaning the phone different ways to see if its losing connection. Had a buddy who had to hang his evo to get it to charge properly
    08-04-2012 10:11 AM
    get a new charger
    08-05-2012 09:21 AM
    I'm leaning more towards a bad charging/USB port on the phone. Try leaning the phone different ways to see if its losing connection. Had a buddy who had to hang his evo to get it to charge properly
    I agree with this, if it's happening on different roms and kernels. This started happening to my husband's phone a couple months ago. Started out it would only charge if held in there a certain way, no matter what charger he used. It finally got to where it would only charge on the car charger, then not at all. You'll have to get it repaired or replaced if this is the case...

Sent from my SPH-D710
    08-05-2012 09:13 PM
    I know the VH baseband had charging issues . Vd. vj are OK.

My optimus charging port was having probs. Didn't like a lot of car chargers. And had to have the cord a certain way. Plus if u looked at it wrong,the cord would fall out. That is one thing I don't miss

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 09:19 PM
    What ROM(s)/Kernel(s) has this happened on?
    It's happened on the
    stock ROM/stock Kernal
    DanteRom/default Kernal (can't remember the name)
    DanteRom/Hydro Kernal
    Sizzling jelly bean/Mirage Kernal

08-06-2012 01:43 AM

I agree with this, if it's happening on different roms and kernels. This started happening to my husband's phone a couple months ago. Started out it would only charge if held in there a certain way, no matter what charger he used. It finally got to where it would only charge on the car charger, then not at all. You'll have to get it repaired or replaced if this is the case...

Sent from my SPH-D710
    That's what I thought it was at first but I don't think that that's the problem because like Zhara said it was getting worse and worse till one day all three of my batteries were dead and wouldn't charge after the last battery died on the charger I unplugged it and put it back in it showed me the not enough charge screen (normal) and charged to the obligitory 5% and immediately booted up on its own (not normal) and died again about two hours of repeating this cycle it started charging normally again but two days later...
    So I went and got ANOTHER charger and it still happens but not as much I feel like its a bug cause whenever it effecting the phone it wont charge offline and it happens for days at a time and then just dissapears...(sorry for the incredibly long post)

08-06-2012 02:00 AM
    Its been gone for about a week but it came back yesterday and now I'm on my last battery on the charger at 10% and droping

08-08-2012 08:37 AM
    Ok here is the beef on the optimus s usb port or at least the physical side anyway
    ok in this diagram I made on the can with my opti s
    if you notice it looks exactly like your usb port see where the 2 arrows are?
    right there are 2 TINY clips that hold the contacts in place these always get bent sooner or later so what I would do is take my s apart and use a needle and push the clips out ever so slightly that should fix any problems with with chargeing ur phone
    Unless the contact strip is broke its always "the clips"
    good luck!
    08-15-2012 12:22 PM
    I've had this happen only once, in a rented car in which I couldn't recharge anything else. But the OP says he's having the problem on a variety of different chargers.

I wonder if the insurance on the device covers this type of failure?
    09-14-2012 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD