Stable ICS or JB?

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Hydro right now, and looking for something in the ICS or JB variety, just to change things up a bit.

Scanning the rooting/rom page, I see a bunch of different ports of ports, and a lot that appears to be broken or not working.

Is there a stable, usable ICS or JB rom for the Optimus S? What's the best option? Posting here because I don't want to clutter the rom page with newbie questions.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
ICS and JB are designed for much more powerful devices than the Opti S and porting them to work on ARMv6 technology with such limited internal memory is quite the feat. CM9 and CM10 are not really finished as projects (with all the customizability and features) on the devices where they have official support, so getting it all to jive here is an even greater challenge. They may, in time, get to a point where everythig works well, but they are all still works in progress.

I suggest you try some of them and decide for yourself if they will work for you as is. The beauty of this is that you don't have to commit to just one, especially without having tried it. ;)

Last edited:

grabejr

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm running beta 1 quattrimus and everything works. Only downside is when you disable Bluetooth the phone restarts. Not a deal breaker though.

It's on beta 2 new but I haven't had a chance to flash yet. The Bluetooth problem I have might be non-existent now.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the bluetooth issue isn't apparent in Beta 2. I highly suggest checking out Quattrimus if you want a nice stable ICS. JB has just been started by the CM team so don't really go with that right now.

I'm sure you'll ask this soon so here it is: AOKP flavor purportedly has more settings and options. CM9 flavor is plain old CyanogenMod. It's really up to the user to decide which flavor of Quattrimus they like and want. I've used both and I like both, but I usually stick to CM9 just for the heck of it.

Enjoy your ICS!

(BTW if you're on the latest HydroROM, which runs on ZVJ, you'll need to downgrade to ZVD to work with Quattrimus.)

Reactions: mkbruin

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Kraven's CM9 is rather stable. From what I read about Quattrimus, it's also rather stable. Jonny's CM10 is getting there but still has a couple problems. (No Voice Search, even with the Market Voice Search, and from what I can tell, the microphone doesn't work at all yet.)

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Kraven's CM9 is rather stable. From what I read about Quattrimus, it's also rather stable. Jonny's CM10 is getting there but still has a couple problems. (No Voice Search, even with the Market Voice Search, and from what I can tell, the microphone doesn't work at all yet.)

My previous statement is now incorrect, Alpha 5 of jonny's CM10 now has microphone working and is very stable. I can confirm the market voice search is working.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums