Using Optimus S on Virgin Mobile

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!
The screen on my Optimus V recently stopped working and I have a friend who's letting me have his Optimus S, since he's getting a new phone. Now I have two ideas: replace the screen on my V with the one from the S, or activating the Optimus S on Virgin Mobile. From what I understand, you can activate it on VM without messing with ESNs or things like that. Has anyone had any experience with this? Would things like MMS and 3G work? Should I use a VM baseband? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!
The screen on my Optimus V recently stopped working and I have a friend who's letting me have his Optimus S, since he's getting a new phone. Now I have two ideas: replace the screen on my V with the one from the S, or activating the Optimus S on Virgin Mobile. From what I understand, you can activate it on VM [DELETED-CANT BE DISCUSSED HERE]. Has anyone had any experience with this? Would things like MMS and 3G work? Should I use a VM baseband? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

You CAN'T activate a OptiS on Virgin Mobile. Not possible, and I'm not explaining any further than that.

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You CAN'T activate a OptiS on Virgin Mobile. Not possible, and I'm not explaining any further than that.

Not to start an argument, but on Virgin's website, one of the phones you can swap to is the Optimus S. I believe that is the only Sprint phone that can be activated there. I've included a screenshot as a reference. View attachment 35867

EDIT: I stand corrected. I believe VM abbreviated "Optimus Slider" to "Optimus S". Mods, please delete this thread.

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My advice: swap the screens then donate the screenless device to a dev who wants one (pick me!).

Seriously, swapping the screens is probably the easiest solution with the least amount of headaches involved.

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
My advice: swap the screens then donate the screenless device to a dev who wants one (pick me!).

Seriously, swapping the screens is probably the easiest solution with the least amount of headaches involved.

How much would that cost to ship? I'm on Virgin Mobile, I'm cheap haha.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

chrisbimmermd

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Not to start an argument, but on Virgin's website, one of the phones you can swap to is the Optimus S. I believe that is the only Sprint phone that can be activated there. I've included a screenshot as a reference. View attachment 35867

EDIT: I stand corrected. I believe VM abbreviated "Optimus Slider" to "Optimus S". Mods, please delete this thread.

No. Pictured in that screenshot is an Optimus S from Sprint, NOT a slider.
Anyway I was just checking this thread to see if the Optimus S housing would work as a replacement housing for Optimus V because my screen is scratched so I want new housing but Optimus V housing is impossible to find.