Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Download and install the Android SDK: Android SDK | Android Developers
Download the Java JDK (NOT the JRE, but the JDK): Java SE Downloads
Download the official LG drivers: http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/LG-Optimus-V.zip

Install it all. After it's all good, go to Start > All Programs > Android (something) Manger (it's not the AVD manager, but the other one. I believe it's SDK manager.)

Check the boxes to download the "Platform tools", it should be right at the top of the list. You don't need to download anything else.

Press "Install selected packages" at the bottom (may not be exact wording.)

Now, you have ADB. Plug in your phone, open a command prompt, navigate to the directory that the Android SDK installed to, then cd into the platform-tools folder. ADB is there for you to use. Type in "adb devices" and press enter. You should see "device" followed by a random set of letters / numbers. That means ADB has access to your device.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I already answered that in your other thread. Do all that, and then just make sure you have a ROM that supports ADB over Wi-Fi. Enable it under Developer Options, then open up a command prompt and type in "adb connect x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your phone.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh. OK sorry!! BTW, when I entered AC forums app earlier today, I received a notification near the bottom of my screen that said I have been upgraded to something that started with an "L". I was wanting to know for sure that this is related to AC forums and what it's about??

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to get ADB working over wifi with this device. I've had no issues the the USB cord, though. Did you bust your micro USB port?

Regarding the AC app, I know that they were having some issues with syncing the site's new style to Tapatalk, upon which the AC app is based. If you have automatic updates turned on, an update may have been pushed to rectify this. I have been crack flashing, so I have the latest version already from the Market and cannot test for you.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
im just now doing it.

---------- Post Merged at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:58 PM ----------

do i need to install the drivers for wifi adb?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
What? Drivers for Wi-Fi ADB? There are none. All the drivers you need should be installed from the official LG package I linked above.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Not what I.meant. should I install them if I'm going to use wifi adb. Sorry if I'm being a "question whore."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1