Help with semi-bricked phone

schmiedel

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

A few weeks ago, I bought a used Optimus S and have been happy with it, installed CWM and a custom ROM (stripped OEM GB ROM). Yesterday it restarted and since then, it always hangs on the boot animation.

I tried going into CWM, deleted cache, dalvik cache and battery stats but it makes no difference. I have now noticed that even a backup from CWM will hang the phone. I am tempted to restore it to factory default as I'm suspecting something's corrupted, but I can't download the files on the thread.

Has anyone seen a similar issue? I'm afraid that the phone will end up totally bricked if I keep trying things and I want to see if I can do something to rescue it...

Regards

schmiedel

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I followed this guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html

As for the ROM, I can't remember exactly which one it is, but it's one of the 4 most popular, it's a stock ZVJ without Sprint bloatware...

And the phone was really working fine, no issues at all. No messing with Recoveries, RomManager and such... Yesterday the phone got stuck and after that it won't boot.

I have now found the LG Tools and this file: LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab... Will see if this method will make things better.

I just want to recover the phone, hope it's not a hardware issue...

jzee420

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if CMW recovery has an advanced restore option. If it does, try just restoring the system and boot img. I would change fonts constantly and it would sometimes hang on boot if it didn't like the font I'd pick. Restoring the system.img would work for me.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Well,

In this case, the issue is that even CWM hangs, I tried doing a backup and a factory reset with no luck...

If you can enter fast boot mode try reinstalling your recovery with the tool in my signature.

From previous post... yes, CWM does support advanced restore.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

schmiedel

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well,

It finally worked... The CWM was behaving strange, but finally it did what it should. However, I left it like 3 hours working on a backup and it just got stuck at /data... I was able to format /data at the end, but I have no idea what caused this issue. Now the phone is working fine again...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel