Please help me! I need this done fast and in the morning at 6

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I used gingerbreak to root my phone and i did not see an unroot option when i did it. this was a few moths ago and i had problems with superuser not responding and i never used any root apps but y phone was still considered rooted (had superuser still on it). Anyways, today i tried to factory reset it to get rid of superuser and return to stock but now I'm in clockworkmod recovery v5.0.2.7 and it wont let me get passed the screen and I dont have the touch screen option and i dont know how to use/get it. All the buttos i press cause the phone to either move the highlighted area down or just turn the screen blank to where you can only see the little hat with the yellow curved arrow. I am a huge noob and i wish i never wuld have factory reset it because if i try to turn it on it will only go to cwm recovery. Can anyone help me fast? I need to have it working by 6am.
Please help if you can andi dont understand all terms well but anything would help me. Thank you in advance!

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You're pressing the wrong the key. My understanding is that you're pressing the home key. Did this too at first. But its actually menu=enter. As far as you're superuser problem goes I wont be of any help sorry.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that you didn't meet your deadline.

How did you install CWM and from where did you get it? What you describe is a situation where you have an incompatible recovery (CWM does not support the Optimus S) and it may have wiped a wrong partition and/or softbricked it.

From which menu did you do the "factory reset?" The privacy menu in Android or in the custom recovery? Just so you know, doing it from the privacy menu with a custom recovery in place is a bad move; most custom ROMs disable this.

Did you use ROM Manager?

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay I fixed that problem, thank you! But I dont have any back ups. All I can do is go into cwm recovery and apply zip to sd card and all that but i dont know what to do. I just tried to factory reset it tesyerday and its been like this since today. I tried to downlad the froyo zip and apply it to my phone but it always says the installation is aborted.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that you didn't meet your deadline.

How did you install CWM and from where did you get it? What you describe is a situation where you have an incompatible recovery (CWM does not support the Optimus S) and it may have wiped a wrong partition and/or softbricked it.

From which menu did you do the "factory reset?" The privacy menu in Android or in the custom recovery? Just so you know, doing it from the privacy menu with a custom recovery in place is a bad move; most custom ROMs disable this.

Did you use ROM Manager?

Haha yes I missed the deadline. My new deadline is am tomorrow morning.
I got clockwork mod from one of the forums and it probably wasnt compatible with my LG Optimus S. I never recall actually using rom manager but Im on CWM Recovery and if I try pplying a zip from sd card it says installation aborted or something about thunderc and assert. I just want my phone to come back on because even if i take out the battery it just automatically goes to CWM after the LG Screen

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha yes I missed the deadline. My new deadline is am tomorrow morning.
I got clockwork mod from one of the forums and it probably wasnt compatible with my LG Optimus S. I never recall actually using rom manager but Im on CWM Recovery and if I try pplying a zip from sd card it says installation aborted or something about thunderc and assert. I just want my phone to come back on because even if i take out the battery it just automatically goes to CWM after the LG Screen

Xionia recovery is based on CWM and is extemely safe to use. If you do have xionia installed (found here) you can do a full wipe (factory reset, format system, format boot) from it and then install this from recovery. You will have to turn off signature verification first, let it boot, then boot back into recovery and then choose the Install Sdcard: update.zip option from the now stock recovery. This second flash is key as THIS is what installs the radio.

If you DONT have xionia DO NOT DO THIS!! It is not safe. Let us know. If you dont have xionia, then you are at the point where you need to restore with KP500 but I have no experience with this. Good luck, and if you do need it, hopefully you can find some help with it.

X

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
You could also try this, since your phone boots well enough to get adb working. You can use it to return to complete stock firmware, but BE CAREFUL and READ EVERYTHING or you WILL irreparably damage your phone. However, if you need to get to stock and unroot fast, that's probably the most efficient way, since you may be using an improper build recovery.

Best of luck!

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I do not have Xiona I just have the CWM Recovery. Is there a way to maybe install it onto my phone and flash tat as my new recovery? Thank you you're helping and SAVING MY LIFE

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You could also try this, since your phone boots well enough to get adb working. You can use it to return to complete stock firmware, but BE CAREFUL and READ EVERYTHING or you WILL irreparably damage your phone. However, if you need to get to stock and unroot fast, that's probably the most efficient way, since you may be using an improper build recovery.

Best of luck!

Okay I will try that now then thank you so much! I will let you know if something went wrong because I am a serious noob and i know not to root my phone EVER Again :)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay I will try that now then thank you so much! I will let you know if something went wrong because I am a serious noob and i know not to root my phone EVER Again :)

Rooting is not the problem, doing so without the proper knowledge is. If you get it fixed, make sure if you want to do it again you do the necessary reading first. And if you still cannot find what you need, ask. We are all glad to help.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Rooting is not the problem, doing so without the proper knowledge is. If you get it fixed, make sure if you want to do it again you do the necessary reading first. And if you still cannot find what you need, ask. We are all glad to help.

You're right I didn't do enough research and if this ever happens again you will be one of the people I alert.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL, much easier to tell you how to do it correct the first time then to try and fix a mistake after the fact. Good luck.

Hey There!
Lol well my phne doesn't show up on my computer and i don't have the adb shell so I can't type in commands and I'm not sure if downloading Xionia is a good idea? I tried to install adb but my phone is not rocognized so I can't

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
this is what i get when i hit choose zip from sdcard: update.zip.zip

Installing: /sdcard/update.zip.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installng update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
If the phone doesn't show up on your computer, you probably don't have the right drivers installed. There should be a link in the thread above to the correct drivers.

also, I note that it's labeled, "update.zip.zip" Not sure if that's part of the problem. Make sure that it's labeled correctly. However, I believe that a status 7 generally means that it's an assert error. While that means nothing to you, it says to me that the update you're trying to flash isn't the correct one for your device. Which EXACT model of phone do you have, and what carrier did you buy it for. note that while the Virgin Mobile phone is hardware identical to the optiS, asserts will fail on it if they're enabled. Also, note that you may have an incorrect recovery, which could cause NO END of frustration. try flashing another recovery, something like TWRP which I've had good luck with as far as installables.

And remember, if something didn't flash, you may also have a bad DL. Try downloading and flashing again.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If the phone doesn't show up on your computer, you probably don't have the right drivers installed. There should be a link in the thread above to the correct drivers.

also, I note that it's labeled, "update.zip.zip" Not sure if that's part of the problem. Make sure that it's labeled correctly. However, I believe that a status 7 generally means that it's an assert error. While that means nothing to you, it says to me that the update you're trying to flash isn't the correct one for your device. Which EXACT model of phone do you have, and what carrier did you buy it for. note that while the Virgin Mobile phone is hardware identical to the optiS, asserts will fail on it if they're enabled. Also, note that you may have an incorrect recovery, which could cause NO END of frustration. try flashing another recovery, something like TWRP which I've had good luck with as far as installables.

And remember, if something didn't flash, you may also have a bad DL. Try downloading and flashing again.

okay i will try to re-download the drivers maybe I clicked the wrong one. I know it's labelebed update.zip.zip it's really weird but I'll figure it out I think. I had no clue what an assert error was (yes, I'm an obvious noob) But I have the LG Optimus S from Sprint and it's an LS670 PURPLE Ive never heard of TWRP but I will try it right now! I'm sorry, what is a DL? I feel like it means download. But I will attempt it now and inform you about my results! Thank you SO much!

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and how do i flash something if my phone won't let e get into terminal E. and i've had a lot of truoble trying to download adb shell :(

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
TWRP is a recovery program which replaces CWM Recovery. Personally, I find it to be much more intuitive, and since it includes a terminal app, it may preclude the need for certain adb commands as long as you can get the needed software onto your phone. The thread I linked is specifically for an LS670 recovery, so it would also make sure you're flashing the right thing on the right recovery to the right phone.

It also includes a way to mount the SD from recovery so you can continue to flash zips. I suggest getting a stable rom up and then work on downgrading/unrooting, since we're at a place where the phone is basically non-functional. And at worst, you completely brick the phone and take it back to the store and say, "it no workey" (sans SD card, of course).

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So, because I'm a pedagogue at heart...

The "Assert" is a piece of code that many installers include to prevent people from boneheadedly flashing improper soft/firmware onto their phones. It essentially asks the phone, "who are you?" and if it doesn't respond correctly, it stops the install before it begins.

Status 7 errors are usually a sign that you're flashing the wrong package, hence the error and the roadblock.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
wow I understood that better than i thought i would. Thank you. And I successfully got TWRP on there but it says no md5 file when i try to install the stock update.zip and it continues to say successful but it sends me back to the TWRP after it's done rebooting. Does superuser maybe have anything to do with this, because my phone said it was rooted butwhen I would attempt to download a root app it would not allow me :( WOuld that have anything to do with why I can't return to froyo?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463