Please help me! I need this done fast and in the morning at 6

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading this thread and I want to be sure that we understand where you are. Here is my understanding:
You have managed to install and get into TWRP, which you got from this forum.
You're able to boot into your modified and possibly jacked up stock ROM on which you have done a factory reset of some type. You are not sure if it still properly rooted.

I would put a solid custom ROM zip on your SD card (easiest way is to just use the adapter with a card reader on a PC), then boot to TWRP and clean wipe and format the internal partitions (not the SD card). Then flash the ROM (and Gapps, if AOSP) by choosing the "Choose zip from SD card" (not sure the exact path to this in TWRP).

Be sure to do a nandroid backup once you get the basics configured on your fresh install.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading this thread and I want to be sure that we understand where you are. Here is my understanding:
You have managed to install and get into TWRP, which you got from this forum.
You're able to boot into your modified and possibly jacked up stock ROM on which you have done a factory reset of some type. You are not sure if it still properly rooted.

I would put a solid custom ROM zip on your SD card (easiest way is to just use the adapter with a card reader on a PC), then boot to TWRP and clean wipe and format the internal partitions (not the SD card). Then flash the ROM (and Gapps, if AOSP) by choosing the "Choose zip from SD card" (not sure the exact path to this in TWRP).

Be sure to do a nandroid backup once you get the basics configured on your fresh install.

Yes that is correct. I have TWRP that I got from this forum and I then attempted to flash my update.zip of froyo 2.2 stock for lg opstimus s.When I try to install the update zip this it what it says

Updating partition details...
Installing ' /sdcard/update.zip' .
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file
E:unknown command [firmware]

Then it say successful and I click reboot and it just goes back into TWRP and if I click Wipe cache/dalvik it says

Done.

Wiping dalvk Cache Directories.
Cleaned: /data/dalvik-cache...
Cleaned: /cache/dalvik-cache...
Cleaned: /cache/dc
-- Dalvik Cache Directories Wipe

then it has the back option, s I clicked back, then clicked reboot and i'm still in TWRP v2.3.1.1

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh and you ant me to flash a custom ROM? So not stock 2.2 froyo? Thank you as well for taking out time to assist me, I really appreciate it!

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The entire pointof this thread is I want to make sure my phone returns back to stock recovery and ROM which is 2.2 froyo. I really do not want my phone rooted w/ any custom ROMs, recoveries etc by the time this process is done. Thank you in advance.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Please anyone,
Is there anything I can try. I'm desperate now. I will get a custom ROM, kernel, etc just to get my phone on and working. Last time I flashed a ROM iI had no connection whatsoever. No phone number, carrier, or signal was ever available. So I have to be careful with the ROM selection. Please? Any suggestions are welcome.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
OK, since you have a working recovery for your device, you need to load a custom ROM. Try these in order:

ZVJ ROM (Dante)

ZVD (Quatt)

One or the other will get signal and such. That will help determine your baseband. Note that you don't need to flash GApps on Dante, but you will need to do so on Quatt to get access to the Play store.

Do that, and let us know what happens.

Note: You can load them onto your SD card from Recovery under "Mounts." Simply press "Mount USB Storage" while your phone is plugged in and it SHOULD pop up as a drive.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, since you have a working recovery for your device, you need to load a custom ROM. Try these in order:

ZVJ ROM (Dante)

ZVD (Quatt)

One or the other will get signal and such. That will help determine your baseband. Note that you don't need to flash GApps on Dante, but you will need to do so on Quatt to get access to the Play store.

Do that, and let us know what happens.

Note: You can load them onto your SD card from Recovery under "Mounts." Simply press "Mount USB Storage" while your phone is plugged in and it SHOULD pop up as a drive.

DanteRom won't install on my phone. I got the LG Optimus S driver software installed but then when I went to install DanteRom from TWRP it said install successful even without the md5 file. I tried to wipe cache/dalvik (successful) and hit reboot after I hit the back menu and it loaded right back into TWRP. Is there anither recovery I could try? Maybe this one is not compatible with my phone? I cant install gapps on Quatt so i didnt attempt it.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You can try this http://db.tt/xnGZbJHs.

It is xionia, just tucked it into a flashable version.

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

This is what happens when I try to install it through TWRP
(Status 2)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Xion
Imstalling '/sdcard/Xionia_CWMA_1
(Status 2)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Xion

Failed

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder if you're stuck in a recovery boot loop. Try COT (NOTE: I couldn't find a forum post, and I hope Drew isn't mad. Remember: You are responsible for what you do to your device). and look under "advanced" for "fix recovery boot loop" and see if that helps. It's one of the best recoveries out there, and should work on your device.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder if you're stuck in a recovery boot loop. Try COT (NOTE: I couldn't find a forum post, and I hope Drew isn't mad. Remember: You are responsible for what you do to your device). and look under "advanced" for "fix recovery boot loop" and see if that helps. It's one of the best recoveries out there, and should work on your device.

It still won't install. Nothing is installing properly on TWRP because it will say "successful" on install but then when I go to reboot it, it just goes right back into recovery, as did CWM. Are there certain settings or precautions/guidlines I should use/follow before trying to install it on TWRP?

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What is COT and how do I flash it through TWRP? I'm not sure but I think TWRP just made flashing a recovery/ROM worse and/or harder.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay new question. I am about to go to Sprint to get my phone fixed. What should I say happened to my phone that made it boot back into a custom recovery after I reset it? I dont want them to think I re-rooted it!

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay new question. I am about to go to Sprint to get my phone fixed. What should I say happened to my phone that made it boot back into a custom recovery after I reset it? I dont want them to think I re-rooted it!

If you have your custom recovery still they're gonna know it's rooted most likely.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I assume since you said you were about to go to sprint, this is going to come to late. The truth is, unless sprint has changed thier policy recently, it is not against policy to root thier devices. It is frowned apon but they will work on them. The service techs are not dummies and most likely root themselves (the ones I know do LOL). Just be honest but not forthcoming if you catch my drift. Tell them what's wrong. Hope it goes/went well and let us know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463