Touch Screen Not Responding

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
This happens every so often. It has been a while since I've had this problem until now. It seems like it stays unresponsive for a lot longer than before and rebooting it doesn't help at all, it just starts working again when it feels like it and when it does start to come around it's really glitchy like it wants to move but it gives up and then it starts working like normal. I don't know what sets it off, I have noticed it doesn't seem to matter if it's fully charged or almost dead or if it has been used a lot or not much and it has been running different ROMs. I did a forum search but didn't really come up with anything for this. Could there be a quick way to get it to work again? I can't even answer the phone or unlock the screen because nothing moves at all but if it's the same as before it'll start working again, I just hope sooner than later! If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

turkbot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My wifes phone started doing this to and all I did was unrooted and went back to 2.2 and all is great now

sent from a nuclear explosion

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
This is a bug found in the 2.3 gingerbread update. For some reason it doesn't always like to wakeup from sleep. Unfortunitally there is no real fix except rolling back to 2.2 froyo.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

PhilBill89

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.17 etc, and the touch screen still doesn't work, from time to time. Rebooting (if I'm lucky enough to be able to power it off!) works to clear it. Although, for example, I just did that, and while touch screen works in most places, I can't scroll down the advice bar at the top to display incoming messages / emails / alerts etc, and touching menu options sometimes takes a couple of goes. I have an HTC Legend. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Heather Erickson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem... The screen will just randomly stop responding to my touch. However, holding down the on/off button until it reboots seems to fix it for me....

Earl Verdin

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
How about if the screen comes on an you can't do anything with it...I can't unlock my phone I can't answer calls or texts...it won't let me do anything at all..but the screen comes on like it would work...I haven't dropped it or it has not come in contact with water...can anyone help me with this problem...

tyestyles

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone was working fine. I hung up a call and two seconds later tried to unlock my phone to read a text and my touch screen was not responding. I tried rebooting multiple times. I cannot unlock my phone or use any of my phone functions besides turning it on or off. Is there a fix for this?

saipants

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry Im not failure with un rooting it can you explain? My phones touch screen just stopped working for NO REASON what so ever I need it work but iv tried every thing,

karyl314

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
mine was like that too.i was very careful with it.then all of a sudden it stops responding.i tried to on and off it, then the starting up took like 30minutes. all of my files was there cant access it through kies or even my computer because i turbed off USB debugging.did u happen to solve what's wrong?pls let me know..by the way im using samsung galaxy S1..

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Please, it happens to me too...

How about if the screen comes on an you can't do anything with it...I can't unlock my phone I can't answer calls or texts...it won't let me do anything at all..but the screen comes on like it would work...I haven't dropped it or it has not come in contact with water...can anyone help me with this problem...

robebcan

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Before anyone tries the Factory Reset option, try the "wipe cache partition" option on the Android Recovery Software page. This worked for me, but NOBODY recommended that as a fix. My screen suddenly stopped responding and I honestly tried every single recommendation I saw online. Nothing worked, including the hardware fixes. So before I tried the factory reset, I decided I had nothing to lose by trying the wipe cache partition option, on my S3. It WORKED !

Yavaris Brown

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Before anyone tries the Factory Reset option, try the "wipe cache partition" option on the Android Recovery Software page. This worked for me, but NOBODY recommended that as a fix. My screen suddenly stopped responding and I honestly tried every single recommendation I saw online. Nothing worked, including the hardware fixes. So before I tried the factory reset, I decided I had nothing to lose by trying the wipe cache partition option, on my S3. It WORKED !
I have a verizon lg lucid 4g and my screen is doing the same thing

Bangkes Led

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
when i unlocked the screen it says that i have to install new updates and so i did it. after the updates it automatically rebooted, and re started thereafter but the process is very slow.and when the screen locks appeared i tried to unlock it but the screen is unresponsive and it just shut off and re start again on its own repeating the same thing over and over again but so futile...

Melissa Calhoun1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Last night I got on the phone with my dad. After that I took a bath. When I got out it wasn't working. I did not get water on it but after my bat, my phone screen stopped responding. I put it in rice just to make sure and it sat in there all night, I wake up, it is still not working. What do I do? Yesterday was my birthday so naturally I was on my phone all day. Could that have something to do with it?

How do I do the factory reset????

Last edited by a moderator:

Etta Hasnogoats

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon LG 4G, and I love this phone. I could not get the touch screen to function for about an hour. I tried taking the battery out (Shutdown/Shutdown Restart not functional) several times, and the touch screen still would not respond. On my last attempt to restart the phone I placed my entire right hand on the screen and made an upward swipe very quickly followed by 2 finger swipe (the motions/swipes were simultaneous motion).

Last edited: