Is my phone bricked?

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago I tried to factory reset my phone but when I did it was in CWM and no matter what I did (flash new rom/recovery) it would go back into cwm. Then I got TWRP to install onto my phone through CWM. When I try to flash a ROM/Recovery on TWRP and I try to reboot it, it just goes back to TWRP and I cant get into my actual android because Im stuck in recovery. I do not have a nandroid back up either.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Do yoknow how to flash that through TWRP recovery? That's what I currently have. Thank you by the way.

You need to use adb to flash recoveries. That will be done through a computer, not on the phone since you can't get to a terminal emulator. Instructions will be in the stickies.

Sent from my Samsung Proclaim using the AC forums app.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay how would I go about installing this?

Okay, to clarify you cannot get adb to setup and the flashable xionia I made you and COT didn't either. Is that correct? I am sorry, but I if that is the case, I think I am at the end of the advice I can offer. I do think you can fix this but with KDZ or KP500 and I have no experience with those as the rely on emergency mode, and I never had a need to use it.

I would try flashing the xionia package again, as well as COT (you did find cannibal open touch to try right?). I see no reason why they won't flash. Wipe cache and dalvik cache prior to each attempt (might be over kill but do it any way). Choose the install menu, navigate thru to the file you want to flash, then swipe to confirm flash.

After you flash, follow the reboot menu and choose recovery.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, to clarify you cannot get adb to setup and the flashable xionia I made you and COT didn't either. Is that correct? I am sorry, but I if that is the case, I think I am at the end of the advice I can offer. I do think you can fix this but with KDZ or KP500 and I have no experience with those as the rely on emergency mode, and I never had a need to use it.

I would try flashing the xionia package again, as well as COT (you did find cannibal open touch to try right?). I see no reason why they won't flash. Wipe cache and dalvik cache prior to each attempt (might be over kill but do it any way). Choose the install menu, navigate thru to the file you want to flash, then swipe to confirm flash.

After you flash, follow the reboot menu and choose recovery.

I have no cue what the problem is but this is what happens when I try to install COT through TWRP without adb
Updating partition details...
Installing '/Sdcard/COT-v2.0.2-ls
(Status 2)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/COT-
Updating partition details...

Then it says failed. Is it because I didn't use adb?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk