I've been getting a lot of SD card errors-

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to find out if something's wrong with the phone or if it's the SD card? (without having another SD card to test it with.)
Most of the errors are about the SD card being unexpectedly removed. It started happening occasionally probably a couple months ago but wasn't getting more than 2 error messages in a month then I gradually started getting more and more. The past few days I've been getting the messages at least once a day. I'm wondering if the SD slot is loose like my charger slot is. I really hope there's not a problem with the card, it works fine on the computer.
Thanks for any feedback

Sent from my pretty xparent purple tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to find out if something's wrong with the phone or if it's the SD card? (without having another SD card to test it with.)
Most of the errors are about the SD card being unexpectedly removed. It started happening occasionally probably a couple months ago but wasn't getting more than 2 error messages in a month then I gradually started getting more and more. The past few days I've been getting the messages at least once a day. I'm wondering if the SD slot is loose like my charger slot is. I really hope there's not a problem with the card, it works fine on the computer.
Thanks for any feedback

The loose slot may have something to do with it.
What kind of card is it? Who made it?
I have noticed on a few forums that phones are sketchy when it comes to SDXC formatted cards, or the fact that they are class 10...I am not sure which. There are sd card testing app on Play. You can try those. Thing to keep in mind though; If your phone can't support an SDXC card (not supported and can't use are 2 different things), it may seem like the card is acting funny, but your PC most likely can support the SDXC card.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Couple things could be wrong, it could be that the SD card slot is dirty. You can use one of those air cans to blow it out. Is your phone rooted? If so is the SD card formatted or partitioned? If rooted partition the card BUT save anything important to your computer. What type of SD card is it meaning what brand? Is it bought new? Sometimes SD cards can be refurbished causing problems in the long run. I had this problem where my SD card crashed & I lost everything on it. Lucky for me I backed everything up. Is the phone under warranty? You might want to have someone look at it but let's just assume it's the card itself.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. It's a class 10 sdhc pny which was about the cheapest brand at micro center or comp usa not refurbished.
I just downloaded some SD testing apps from the market, I was hoping I could find something that said if the card is getting worn out but didn't see anything like that but I did do speed tests, one said the read speed is 9 MB/s & write is 7 but the first test I did said write was 7 & read was 30 MB/s, the results were from 2 different apps & were tested about 20-30 minutes apart. The phone is rooted but card isn't partitioned but I did format it before I started using it & didn't have any errors for about a year. Tomorrow I can partition it and I'll get something to clean it out.
Thanks again for all of the feedback.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Followup- It's very weird I was having so many error messages about my sd card being unmounted & unexpectedly removed. After trying a brand new formatted class 4 card & cleaning out the sd card slot I was still getting the same messages. I had been getting the error messages for a couple weeks & they were coming more and more, It got so bad that one of my cards ended up losing all of its data. I went to a sprint store (I didn't think about the phone bring rooted) so they wouldn't look at the phone until it was back to factory settings. They immediately implied the problems were coming from a botched hack job even though I've been using the same exact modifications & ROM for a year with no probs.
Anyways, I am so happy to report that I haven't gotten any error messages all week. Idk what happened but the error messages stopped coming out of nowhere. I haven't changed any settings or apps. Hopefully it doesn't start happening again! :)
Thank you to the above users who posted helpful info when I was going crazy trying to think of what I could do.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Could be that your slot inside is either filthy or shot. Have you tried cleaning it? Hopefully you are still under warranty if you already have cleaned out the slot and still having issues with it.

Sent from my SPH-M820 from a former LG Optimus S using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech