LG Optimus S Boot Loop.

Elian Manzueta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just found my old phone and it has been stuck on a boot loop since I lost it. I just now found it and am trying to fix it, the problem is that I have Ubuntu and I have the SDK Tools but ADB will not find my device. (I have tried many tutorials but they don't work).

Here's how it boots: Turn on, LG Screen for 4 seconds, and then black screen, repeat. I have tried Emergency Mode for a whole night and it still won't work. I have a flash image and xionia cwma in my downloads folder but I don't know how to get to the "Root" of the SD Card! Help me? :(

Edit: Oh, yes, I have tried to root it. When this started happening my Battery Was Dead.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am a Linux user as well (typing this from a Mint KDE 64-bit box now) and will do what I can to assist.

A couple of questions to see what we are working:

What ROM were you using and where did you get it?

What recovery do you actually have installed and where did you get it? Can you get into it using the key combo?

Did you use ROM Manager at any point with this device?

To answer the two questions you have presented:
1.) It sounds like the reason you are unable to see it as an attached device in ADB is due to the fact that it is boot looping instead of loading Android and the necessary interface to make that happen. Once you fix your Android, your ADB should work.

2.) The "root" of any storage device refers to the topmost directory--or folder--on it. On your Ubuntu OS install, this would be the / partition; on my external hard drive, it would be the top directory--before moving down to one of the folders, such as /Music or /Documents. On the SD card, it is just the top directory on the card. And FWIW, you can think of your SD card on this device much like your /home partition on Ubuntu: personal data and app configuration files specific to you and your use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1