I think I done messed up!!!!!

Caboose13

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,
~breif backstory~ had my bro root/rom my Optimus S a while ago. Running cyanogenmod 7 and idk the rest.
so I had problems with the network,towers and whatever...mad lots of call to sprint and they could never "see" my phone for "maintenance". Scored another Optimus S off a friend that was stock(current phone) and used that since the end of last year. Stock phone sucks balls,I freakin hate it,tried using rooted one few months ago,no data just wifi,then went back to sock one and few days ago I tried rooted one again......no go sprint.com wanted a reset on phone before activation ,tried their way an nothing,even just said I did reset and nope..couldnt connect to phone......

OK so I go digging on google and forums for hours an hours,I dont get this stuff..gives me headaches... I find out about the recovery menu and something to wipe out,thinking it was that easy to go back to stop I tried a few,nothing phone still rooted,got mad just started wiping everything like a mad man...not it in a boot loop of just the LG screen.

I read and read and read some more,went to everysite an I cant figure out what to do.looked at lots of threads and downloaded some stuff but lots of it is dated and i cant get it.

I need V9 thing and maybe other guidance since I cant find a thread for what I have done LOL....ehh :-X:'(

Caboose13

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
holy crap....I got somewhere.....it looks to be stock and booted up.....ok now hopefully I can get it activated and if everything works as it should I might try cyanogenmod 9

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hold on man! I may be able to help! First of all, if i understand correctly, you have the stock android recovery correct?
Edit: didnt see the second post.

and is your plan to still root, recov, and rom?

Sent by my frickin' amazing OptiS

Caboose13

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
yea,I cant stand the stock phone and miss what I had with cyanogenmod 7.
I havent done nothing yet, it looks to be running android 2.2.2.
Im goin see if I can activate it later to see if everything works or have other stuff to do.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
yea,I cant stand the stock phone and miss what I had with cyanogenmod 7.
I havent done nothing yet, it looks to be running android 2.2.2.
Im goin see if I can activate it later to see if everything works or have other stuff to do.

Look for your baseband version in settings - > about phone. The root method you need is dependant upon it.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
baseband is LS670MVD_60401001

You could also just download gingerbreak 1.3 from xda. It's an automated rooting app, that works for zvd. I use it to root zvd when I don't have a pc.

I second staying on zvd, all of the best roms like kravens cm7 and reborn are on it. The only good rom for zvj are danterom (as most of our really good devs left about a year ago).

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae