Freedompop

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having any luck getting their OS onto FreedomPop? Mine is showing unsupported (even though the LGOS is officially supported.

I can't figure it out...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who aren't too familiar with Freedompop, can you be a little more specific? My understanding is that it offers free wireless/4G. So are you asking how to connect your phone to the Freedompop router? Or are you trying to activate your phone on the Freedompop network?

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What does FreedomPop tech support tell you when you point out that they announced the Optimus S as being a supported device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but did you mention specifically that the company announced publicly that they're supposed to support the Optimus S? Was the tech support guy totally clueless about it, or was it a premature announcement?

It's worth noting that the article you linked to is not an official press release, so the company could always say that the list of supported phones was not official either. But what is more likely is that support is being phased in, and that the list of phones you mentioned is what they're starting with over a certain period of time. Here's the part of the article that makes me think this:

"FreedomPop is gradually adding support for the 500 or so phones that currently run on its network. It’s starting with about 10 of the most popular devices that are either already or soon will be free of Sprint contracts, including the HTC Evo 3D and Evo 4G, the Samsung Galaxy S III, Epic 4G and Epic 4G Touch and the LG Optimus S."

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante