[APPS] Real Optimus launcher, LG memo widget, LG Cal widget, LG clock widget

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here are some of the widgets and the launcher that come on this phone if you were to buy a non-sprint branded version such as the optimus 1 or the optimus T. All files are attached to this post except the launcher due to size restrictions. You can download the launcher from the links below.

[warn]ROOT IS REQUIRED TO FOR THE LAUNCHER. The launcher must be in /system so i have provided a flashable zip. Non-rooted phones do not have access to /system and only custom recoveries can flash zips NOT made by LG/Sprint. So again, to use the launcher you must be rooted.[/warn]

LG Launcher (Updated for MDPI 5/7/11)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE LAUNCHER WHICH IS A FLASHABLE ZIP
Warning: You must be rooted to use the launcher. If the launcher is not in /system, certain functions will not work.

Installation of launcher only:
-download flashable zip
-Place on root of SD card
-Boot into custom recovery
-Flash zip
-Reboot, enjoy.

[note] Widgets have been removed so i can update to the MDPI versions[/note]

Installation of widgets:
1) On your phone go to Menu > Settings > Applications - check mark unknown sources
2) From your phones browser come to this page. Don't use the mobile version of the site for this task as it will prevent you from seeing the attachments.
3) Download the attached apk's you'd like to use
4) Once they've downloaded, click on them and install.
- The apk downloaded but i dont know where it went!! Open broswer, Menu > More > Downloads - Click the apk ;)

Last edited:

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
My brother just got this phone. What's the Optimus launcher look like compared to the launcher it came with? Looks almost vanilla Froyo overall, minus the iD button.

Gr8hifi

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the widgets. I am having trouble with the calendar widget. Its not pulling my data in in the daily view. Is it working fine for you?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the widgets. I am having trouble with the calendar widget. Its not pulling my data in in the daily view. Is it working fine for you?

Nope. Basically all it's good for right now is it you want to use month view, you can click on any date and it will open your calendar to that date.

EDIT - just thought I'd mention, if you want a free calendar widget that shows daily view and has tons of options to personalize it, check out calwidget in the market.

RaSpewTin

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't we have better luck with the launcher and widgets from the Optimus T rather than the ones from XDA which are from an optimus Z (higher res screen)?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Are the Wifi and Hotspot widgets part of the launcher? If not, where can I get those?

Those are from a paid app called extended controls. You can find free apps I'm sure but I already own extended controls so there's no need for me to search any more cause that thing has toggle widgets galore.

Anyway the Swype keyboard can be pulled from the Optimus T? I have had no luck getting Swype or any alternate keyboard.

Not on androidcentral.com. In fact, swype was specifically removed from the Optimus T system dump :)

Illegal activities - Do not post, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROM's, or any other copied intellectual property of others (e.g., Swype) in the Android Central forums. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning are also forbidden in the forums. AC has a zero tolerance policy on such posts.

Wouldn't we have better luck with the launcher and widgets from the Optimus T rather than the ones from XDA which are from an optimus Z (higher res screen)?

That of course would be the logical solution and I am able to get the launcher from the Optimus T to install by putting a test signature on it but upon trying to launch it I get FC's and I have been to involved with other stuff to logcat it and figure out the FC's.

If you want to start playing with it you can grab it from the system dump, you'll have to change its signature otherwise it will fail to install.