06-09-2011 11:22 AM
252 ... 891011
tools
    so is there any way for me to downgrade my phone from the new vd update or somethin cause i cant be goin with out my hotspot
    03-22-2011 12:31 PM
    Stupid me accepted the update yesterday, and now I have SW Version LS670ZVD. The wireless hotspot I was using via Quick Settings won't work anymore. Every time I try, it shuts off my 3G. Is there a way to revert to whatever I had before, which BTW, I have no clue what it was?
    03-22-2011 12:36 PM
    same here i dont care how or wut i gotta do i just no this updates gotta go and i want my wifi back
    03-22-2011 12:48 PM
    Ok thread title updated, hopefully in a way that will get people to read the first post because:
    1) Linked how to force flash an old version
    2) Linked how to root if you want go that route
    3) Suggested easy tether if you don't mind wired tethering and dont want to force flash or root your phone.

Just trying to keep the forums clean. Been merging threads about wireless tethering left and right lol
    krakmunkey likes this.
    03-22-2011 01:56 PM
    Here's what I observed:

When downloading from Marketplace, I get a call, 3G turns off and the downloads stall until I manually resume them after I hang up.

Is that a Rev-A symptom or something related to this new update?
    03-22-2011 03:11 PM
    Here's what I observed:

When downloading from Marketplace, I get a call, 3G turns off and the downloads stall until I manually resume them after I hang up.

Is that a Rev-A symptom or something related to this new update?
    Voice and data cant be used simultaneously on CDMA. Thats a GSM thing, and a CDMA limitation. CDMA phones cannot use voice and data packets on the same radio at the same time and voice always takes priority over data, it is afterall a phone. The only exceptions are the HTC thunderbolt on Verizon and HTC EVO on Sprint and Epic on Sprint. The reason these phones can do it is because they have an additional radio for 4G. If you want voice and data at the same time you'll either need to switch to T-MO, AT&T or purchase one of the CDMA devices i listed above.

Also the reason it turns off 3G is because you're getting a call. Calls come over 1xrtt, not EVDO. EVDO (evolution data optimized aka Evolution data Only) can only be used for data. 1xRTT can be used for all native forms of communication (sms/mms) and phone calls in addition to data.
    03-22-2011 03:45 PM
    Ok thread title updated, hopefully in a way that will get people to read the first post because:
    1) Linked how to force flash an old version
    2) Linked how to root if you want go that route
    3) Suggested easy tether if you don't mind wired tethering and dont want to force flash or root your phone.

Just trying to keep the forums clean. Been merging threads about wireless tethering left and right lol
    Ok, so I've tried using the method in the force flash link, and got as far as checking the output of the directory in step h. It says I should have 5 files, but I only have 2. I'm missing the 3 with the .dll extensions. It says if I don't have these 5 files, to stop and figure out why. I'm a newbie at this, and getting frustrated. Help!
    03-22-2011 11:23 PM
    Ok, so I've tried using the method in the force flash link, and got as far as checking the output of the directory in step h. It says I should have 5 files, but I only have 2. I'm missing the 3 with the .dll extensions. It says if I don't have these 5 files, to stop and figure out why. I'm a newbie at this, and getting frustrated. Help!
    Read the force flash thread and post any questions comments or concerns about the method in that thread so they can help you. The purpose of this thread was to point people in the proper direction.
    03-23-2011 07:57 AM
    Ah-so, thank you so for the clarification.
    03-23-2011 08:46 AM
    I've not seen these updates yet. I keep background data turned off, do ya think that stops the updates from popping up.
    03-23-2011 09:25 AM
    im also interested in knowing how to stop the update from happening thanks
    03-24-2011 02:43 PM
    I hit more info on the update and did a battery pull a few days ago, not seen it again and quick settings wifi still works fine.
    03-24-2011 02:50 PM
    lol it would be awesome if there was a program that would do all this steps in one shot, kinda like the unrevokeed for the evo
    03-24-2011 03:01 PM
    I posted this in another thread too, but if you ignore the update it eventually disappears from the notification bar (mine took about a week).
    03-24-2011 03:13 PM
    Does the WIRED tethering still work ok? Some of the Android Market reviews for "Easy Tether" state that it no longer works either (since last week's update).

Can anyone 100% confirm??

I have no problems paying $10 for the app if it means I won't have to worry about updates in the future.
    acab1025 likes this.
    03-24-2011 03:32 PM
    I hit more info on the update and did a battery pull a few days ago, not seen it again and quick settings wifi still works fine.
    I did this since the VC update as well as renaming the otacerts, and have not had an update nag since. Not going to update until gingerbread or something major comes along. Heck, even gingerbread might not get my attention unless it's really groundbreaking or required.
    03-24-2011 03:47 PM
    hello,
    i am running VD
    I have Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
    my phone is rooted

can i enable free wireless thether? is there an app/widget?
    03-25-2011 11:20 PM
    hello,
    i am running VD
    I have Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
    my phone is rooted

can i enable free wireless thether? is there an app/widget?
    android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Download 2.0.7

wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.7 - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    Silenze likes this.
    03-26-2011 02:35 AM
    Thanks to you guys I discovered the wondrous wifi hotspot bug on my Optimus S. However, I had a moment of poor judgment and I downloaded the ZVD update.

I want my wifi back.

I don't need to root my phone, but if downgrading isn't an option then I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for a simpler method of restoring the bug.

I'm not computer illiterate. I've even developed a few simple Android apps for myself. But I have NEVER hacked or rooted anything. If you could talk me through this like you would your parents, or give me links to guides written in Stupid, I might be able to figure this out.

I tried the search feature, but I got a lot of threads about rooting and using language assuming that I know how to "flash" something.

So, in other words, "HELP!"

/panic
    03-31-2011 07:02 PM
    You've come to the right place. Here you go, read read and keep reading. It's really a lot easier than it may sound. Just read.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-ls670zvd.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...k-warning.html
    03-31-2011 07:34 PM
    You can revert with the instructions in my signature. Just look in the reference section for the substitutions to revert to VC. Skip step (u) if you aren't rooting.
    03-31-2011 08:56 PM
    Thanks to you guys I discovered the wondrous wifi hotspot bug on my Optimus S. However, I had a moment of poor judgment and I downloaded the ZVD update.

I want my wifi back.

I don't need to root my phone, but if downgrading isn't an option then I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for a simpler method of restoring the bug.

I'm not computer illiterate. I've even developed a few simple Android apps for myself. But I have NEVER hacked or rooted anything. If you could talk me through this like you would your parents, or give me links to guides written in Stupid, I might be able to figure this out.

I tried the search feature, but I got a lot of threads about rooting and using language assuming that I know how to "flash" something.

So, in other words, "HELP!"

/panic
    This thread is specifically directed towards your concern. Post #1 contains links to instructions on how to roll back, how to root, and how to wire tether while maintaining an unrooted VD. The option is yours.
    03-31-2011 09:30 PM
    I'm thinking about the Optimus S because it's the the cheapest phone available that can be used as a hotspot. I refuse to pay the extra $29.99 a month for the feature. Would it still be possible for me to root the phone and use it as a hotspot for free? Or would the phone already come with pre-installed with the newest update, blocking me from doing so?
    05-03-2011 07:12 PM
    Thanks for this post.
    05-14-2011 01:30 AM
    I can finally tether after reading this thread. Thanks to all for their hard work.
    05-14-2011 10:21 PM
252 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD